How's everyone coping with the wait for the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Carrie4

How's everyone coping with the wait for the results?

Post by Carrie4 »

I was super thrilled the test was FINALLY over! But, now waiting is getting at me. With the mock tests, it was a couple of days and that was fine....but this is weeks!

Had a few questions on the results (apologies, I'm new to the whole 11+ working system :lol: )
1. Assuming the results would be out mid Oct - how will I know which school my DD might have a possibility of getting into?
2. Is it one ranking system and then you kind of guess? or does each school send you an email to let you know if your child qualified for their school and their ranking for your child?
3. I can't remember if on the form to apply for the test whether there was a section asking me to share results with all 7 schools - was there one?
4. What happens if there was a section for sharing details and I haven't done it (it's driving me nuts, as I can't remember this at all) - is there a way to check what I filled in?

Thanks!
Polgara_Glos

Re: How's everyone coping with the wait for the results?

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Each school ranks slightly differently, particularly Pates who insist on a minimum in each area, so you could rank higher for Pates than another school depending on whether you excelled in one area or a good level in all.

Your email from the school will tell you their rank, if they qualified and last year's lowest rank on allocation day (I had to email one school for the lowest ranks but they came back immediately).

From this you'll have a good idea how likely they are to be offered a place e.g DRHS went down to 425 this year I think. So if your child gets a ranking of 245 you can be more confident than 420.... (the ranks change slightly each year).

You should have an email from when you registered saying who you shared with.

Also think of us last year, we did the test, waited a fortnight, submitted CAF and STILL had another 4 weeks till results. We were all on our knees by March 1st as even then we didn't know how much ranks would change!
cazien

Post by cazien »

Carrie4 wrote:I was super thrilled the test was FINALLY over! But, now waiting is getting at me. With the mock tests, it was a couple of days and that was fine....but this is weeks!

Had a few questions on the results (apologies, I'm new to the whole 11+ working system :lol: )
1. Assuming the results would be out mid Oct - how will I know which school my DD might have a possibility of getting into?
2. Is it one ranking system and then you kind of guess? or does each school send you an email to let you know if your child qualified for their school and their ranking for your child?
3. I can't remember if on the form to apply for the test whether there was a section asking me to share results with all 7 schools - was there one?
4. What happens if there was a section for sharing details and I haven't done it (it's driving me nuts, as I can't remember this at all) - is there a way to check what I filled in?

Thanks!
You will get an email from every school you shared with. Each school will inform you whether your DD has met their qualifying score (and they will give you her rank) or that unfortunately she did not qualify.

It would have asked what schools you wish to share with. You cannot share with all 7 schools, as STR and Marling are for boys only. Having a DD you can share with 5 schools (3 are for girls only - Denmark, Ribston and SHS, and 2 are mixed - Pates Crypt).

I think you can retrospectively share with schools if you omitted this when the results are revealed, someone else may be able to confirm/deny this :?:
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I think you can retrospectively share with schools if you omitted this when the results are revealed, someone else may be able to confirm/deny this :?:[/quote]

How would they do that and slot you in to the released rankings? Would it be after the late test in March?
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

I don't think you can share retrospectively, but could possibly appeal or go on a waiting list?
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

https://g7.applicaa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you should be able to check in here which schools you shared with and may be able to update it if you forgot to do it the first time round
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The guidance booklet (see Step 3, which refers to registering your DC to sit the 11+) says that you must (that word is ib bold in the document) register which schools you want the the results to be shared with and only the schools with which you have registered a request to share your DC's results will consider them for a place.

https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/medi ... t-2022.pdf

I'm not sure whether you can make a post-allocation request to share to be added to a different school's waiting list, though?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
cazien

Post by cazien »

I may be wrong but I think you can share retrospectively post-allocations, if you apply for a place at a school on the CAF you did not share with.
Obviously you will not have been allocated a place but you can call the school and request for your result to be shared with them and to be placed on the waiting list or go to appeal.
I also think your request will only be actioned after the reconsideration process.
Billyboyrum

Post by Billyboyrum »

This week has been about the same length as the one I was over due my daughter :wink:
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

I know what you mean, I ended up having to be induced because my son was so over due! It is a similar feeling. I don't really understand why we can't be given a date. However, I realise that's because I don't have a clue about the process.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now