SET Results - 22nd Sep ??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Samurai

SET Results - 22nd Sep ??

Post by Samurai »

Hi All

Someone alerted to a recent note on this page stating SET Results email are likely on 22nd. Why would this note be only provided in one of the participating schools?

https://www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/admission ... d-set-faqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oneoftwothings

Re: SET Results - 22nd Sep ??

Post by Oneoftwothings »

:(
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

Samurai wrote:Why would this note be only provided in one of the participating schools?
Maybe because they don't expect any repercussions or loss of interest.

Thanks for sharing. If true, pretty poor on part of the collective!
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

I don't think it's a priority for schools at the moment. I've got two in secondary, they're really struggling with Covid absences, changes to procedures, delaying and cancelling trips because of changes to travel regs, managing parents evenings, all sorts of things, and communicating with current parents and students is probably seen as a higher priority than saying when the SET results will come through.
rukmesh

Post by rukmesh »

I saw on Sutton Grammar school's website which says "You will receive an email during Tuesday 21 September 2021 with the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test. "

I know, it's a waiting game .. but hopefully not too long
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

They have edited the top note and also the FAQ section with a squared box so I am now thinking this is true as looks like a recent update done quite hurriedly.

What a shame..DD is hoping to know the results after school today. Anyways it is what it is.
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

rukmesh wrote:I saw on Sutton Grammar school's website which says "You will receive an email during Tuesday 21 September 2021 with the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test. "
That FAQ has been in place for a few months - the same script is repeated on all the other Grammar school websites too..

What the original poster shared in a link appears to be a recent notice. Fingers crossed we receive some comms at least - if not the results.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

streathammum wrote:I don't think it's a priority for schools at the moment. I've got two in secondary, they're really struggling with Covid absences, changes to procedures, delaying and cancelling trips because of changes to travel regs, managing parents evenings, all sorts of things, and communicating with current parents and students is probably seen as a higher priority than saying when the SET results will come through.
I thought admissions offices have clear guidelines and separated from rest of school activities. A simple note should have been enough andwe are talking about 6 school admissions office. Sorry but an email doesnt hurt or takes time. What can br the priority of admissions office other than admissions?
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Just speculating, but it could be that they are still hopeful they will send them today but much later than usual. WCGS could just be trying to pre-empt enquiries by saying don’t expect them until tomorrow. I will step away from my inbox for now either way :D
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

Oneoftwothings wrote:Just speculating, but it could be that they are still hopeful they will send them today but much later than usual. WCGS could just be trying to pre-empt enquiries by saying don’t expect them until tomorrow. I will step away from my inbox for now either way :D

Oneoftwothings you may be right. I just called the Admissions office of Sutton grammar ( well called others but they wouldnt pick up ). The lady assured the mails will be going out later today. We can expect by 7pm. I also pointed her why one of the schools has it mentioned in their webpage as 22nd. She still reassured it will be sent today. Lets wait as two boys schools have now officially given two different dates :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now