QE BOYS back up date today

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

QE BOYS back up date today

Post by Daogroupie »

Around 80 boys sat the QE back up date this morning.

Most were those who got caught on the M25 because of the protest.

There will need to be another date as I know of students still in isolation who were unable to sit today.

I think QE will probably go ahead with their original date for results as they will have the bulk of them done. DG
dhanepud

Re: QE BOYS back up date today

Post by dhanepud »

Do they give same question paper ?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I imagine so, they usually are. That's why we ask people not to share details of exams.
scary mum
dhanepud

Post by dhanepud »

Yes, which is good!
But this forum is just one place, there is school, sports groups, friends, family friends..

Am sure it will be asked again on whatdotheyknow RTI, but what will QE do if say 50+ from these 80 get selected? or at what percentage of selection will they believe that a bias was created ?

For something as important as this, why cant school create fairer approach. Its understandable that kids get stuck in traffic, get ill etc. and of course they should get a fair chance. But why cant school create back up Q papers ? Cant they get back papers from GL / CEM ?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think from the other thread where you discussed this there was little difference between the different dates. It would be hard to standardise scores if only a few children sat the tests - how would you take account of harder or easier back up tests?
It is a problem for all areas in the 11 plus. Some areas use the same tests until July next year.
scary mum
shiv07

Post by shiv07 »

Daogroupie wrote:Around 80 boys sat the QE back up date this morning.

Most were those who got caught on the M25 because of the protest.

There will need to be another date as I know of students still in isolation who were unable to sit today.

I think QE will probably go ahead with their original date for results as they will have the bulk of them done. DG
What is the original date of the result if you can share please.
Also from previous posts I have read a score of 236 and over is safe zone to pass. What do you reckon ...how much percent a child should score in paper to reach min 236.

Ab out using same paper.... CSSE used different paper on 18th and 20th..why can't QE boys do that to make it fair for all.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

236 is certainly not safe. Where did you read that?

The last score to secure a place on allocation day last year was 235 and it has been going up every year.

I would consider 240 and above to be reasonably safe.

I think they will keep to the original date which was October 1st as they still have the October 2nd date for booking the tours which were only available for those scoring 220 and above last time they ran them in October 19. DG
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

dhanepud wrote:Yes, which is good!
But this forum is just one place, there is school, sports groups, friends, family friends..

Am sure it will be asked again on whatdotheyknow RTI, but what will QE do if say 50+ from these 80 get selected? or at what percentage of selection will they believe that a bias was created ?

For something as important as this, why cant school create fairer approach. Its understandable that kids get stuck in traffic, get ill etc. and of course they should get a fair chance. But why cant school create back up Q papers ? Cant they get back papers from GL / CEM ?
Hello

I have analysed the excel sheet of results of 2020 (released because of a FOI request) and here is the summary of the results over multiple days. I have assumed 234 as pass marks

Date Total Pass %age
17/09/2020 816 104 12.75%
18/09/2020 808 87 10.77%
21/09/2020 777 65 8.37%
22/09/2020 343 21 6.12%
Other 184 8 4.35%

Overall 2928 285 9.73%

As you can see, there is no increase in either the count or percentage of pass marks on later dates. If anything, in 2020, your best chance of admission was if you appear on day 1.

I hope it helps
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is a really really helpful piece of data, thank you so much for doing this.

Very interesting that 184 boys did not do the papers on any of the 4 days.

Shows the severe impact of Covid but this year the figure will be impacted by glue on the M25! DG
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

Many thanks DG

Also interesting to see that a total of 285 boys scored above 234 for 192 seats. So 93 boys didn't put QE as their first choice on the admission form. This is a staggering 32.6% of boys passing the exam and not choosing to study at QE. I wonder if this figure is even higher for previous years
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now