First Test Today and I Cried!!!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

First Test Today and I Cried!!!

Post by Snowdrops »

Well today was the first day of testing (familiarisation today).

We are out of catchment so were going to somewhere unfamiiar and we got there in plenty of time (just as well as the satnav directed us to the old plot the building was on and not the new one!! :shock: ) but still we got there and found a parking spot.

Not allowed in before 9 am but parents who had arrived even earlier than us started to go in so we shot out and joined the queue asap. One or two parents had difficulty getting their children into the examination room for whatever reason (not enrolled child, or perhaps forgotten their letter of authority - who knows).

Our turn to mark the register as present and I expected to be able to accompany DD into the hall to settle her down and last minute pep talk - NO! none of that. Not allowed into the hall or the cloakroom, very much a 'oh', a kiss and she was gone - feeling very bereft and hoping she's ok :cry:

As I exited the building, the queue had become VERY long, I suppose when there's only one grammar school in this area (Ripon) and another in the Skipton there will be a lot of entries, I just wonder how many are entering for both. the car park was chocablock and over-spilling onto the road outside so I made a mental note to get there very early to pick her up.

Just as well it's the practice one today. I'll be glad when it's all over. :lol:
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Snowdrops,

you're not sitting here chewing your nails, are you? :lol:

The good doctor, Herman, wi11 have something to say about it.

It wi11 be over by next week...

the knot in your stomach and the lump in your throat should slowly ease...

Dr. LBSWM :lol: :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

No, I'm not nervous about today (it's only practise day) I just feel as if I totally abandoned her to her fate.

It was totally unexpected (not to be allowed into the hall) and I had no time to offer that last bit of encouragement/advice.

Still, I shall look upon it as practise days for us grown ups too, and will know what to do in the carpark on Friday :D :D

and I had no time to offer that last bit of encouragement/advice.
sometimes that's a good thing. :lol:

Then it 'appears' to be no big deal and not as if everything hinges on the test (trial or for real).

At least she got an Image ki55!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

True, very true and I can give her a big hug when she comes back out.

I am sitting here wondering which bit they're doing now and when her break will be though.

I'm also gathering all my pitiful information together on local comps for our town and wondering when we can go visit - there's so little information there, I might have to start 'phoning round. I'm not looking at them because I think DD isn't capable of passing (I wouldn't enter her if it wasn't thought she was capable), it's because there is such a small chance of being allocated a place - we know that, but we have to try.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I have to pick her up at 12.30 - but I shall reserve my spot in the carpark at about noon :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just made myself one last coffee and will depart about 11.30.

thanks for keeping me company!

oops! deleted my previous post by accident!

You have to go to REHAB when the real tests are on (on the 12th and 16th?)

There is stronger stuff there to knock you out if you forget your last minute peptalk again( :roll: ) and if you want to 'forget' about the exams for a while....

We promise not to wind you up. :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I have looked in on rehab before, but couldn't figure out what was going on - one VERY whacky place :)

I shall make an official visit on Friday (yes, 12th and 16th!).

See you there.

it's a date you won't regret!
Snowdrops who is perkier now wrote:See you there.
nothing dangerous/exciting happens in REHAB (contrary to popular belief).

It's just a place where Mums and Dads (and occasiona11y a kid or 2) hang out.

don't forget to bring your bear hugs Image when you leave at 11.30 to get your sweetie.

Hope it a11 went we11.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

OK, that's it, I'm leaving a 'little' bit early, but I want to go to the shops and buy her some sweets as a treat after lunch (to be eaten in the car on the way back to school - lunch (and sweets) that is :) ).

I have my hugs and I know where I'm going this time so no worries.

See you all later. 8)