Medway Results 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SammyJ1505

Medway Results 2021

Post by SammyJ1505 »

Hi All,

The wait is almost over and I know that it's been helpful for parents in future years to be able to look back at results from previous years, so I thought I would create a post for results in 2021.

Roll on 4pm!! I am a bag of nerves...

Good luck and fingers crossed!!
Rao

Re: Medway Results 2021

Post by Rao »

Just received the email - score of 613 OOC. Need to check which schools she would be likely to get in.
SammyJ1505

Post by SammyJ1505 »

Got the email just after I posted.

He scored 618 in total. Breakdown as follows:
Maths - 246
Extended writing - 240
Verbal reasoning - 132
jnabhishek

Post by jnabhishek »

Hi All,

My son got below scores for Medway, pls suggest scores required for each of below schools
Mathematics 250
Extended Writing 242
Verbal Reasoning 113
Total score: 605

1) Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School (boys)
2) Rainham Mark Grammar School (Mixed)
3) Holcome Grammar School (Boys)
4) The Howard school

Thanks --AJ ***
SammyJ1505

Post by SammyJ1505 »

For those schools you just need to have passed and then the admissions criteria of each school applies, which tends to be things like pupil premium, siblings, children of staff, sometimes feeder schools and then most crucially distance.
Kimmitten

Post by Kimmitten »

My son got 647, (230 maths, 286 extended writing which has amazed me a bit because he's December so I'm assuming must have got a pretty high score as I can't imagine he benefited hugely from the margin for younger pupils, and 131 verbal, which pleased me as this is his strength but he ran out of time so I wasn't sure how it would go).
We're in ME3 so I'm a bit antsy about distance.
olucares

Post by olucares »

Kimmitten wrote:My son got 647, (230 maths, 286 extended writing which has amazed me a bit because he's December so I'm assuming must have got a pretty high score as I can't imagine he benefited hugely from the margin for younger pupils, and 131 verbal, which pleased me as this is his strength but he ran out of time so I wasn't sure how it would go).
We're in ME3 so I'm a bit antsy about distance.
Congratulations on the amazing scores! ME3, you'll probably be out of catchment for Rochester Maths, but I understand they tend to allow almost all appeals from the area for those who passed. He'll get into Holcombe though, depending on which school you prefer.
reddigarij

Post by reddigarij »

Hi All,

We are OOC for Medway schools and would like to know the maximum score which can be considered for the following schools as our child has been assessed as suitable for grammar?

Rainham Mark Grammar School
Fort Pitt Grammar School
Chatham Grammar School
Rochester Grammar School

Thanks for your help
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

reddigarij wrote:Hi All,

We are OOC for Medway schools and would like to know the maximum score which can be considered for the following schools as our child has been assessed as suitable for grammar?

Rainham Mark Grammar School
Fort Pitt Grammar School
Chatham Grammar School
Rochester Grammar School

Thanks for your help
It looks like score is irrelevant for any of them, once a girl is deemed Selective in the Medway test; places are then allocated according to the school's individual policy.

https://www.rainhammark.com/page/?title ... ons&pid=41
https://0a0b6bf8-dd40-4c49-99f1-b2bd1e3 ... a846be.pdf
https://www.chathamgrammar.org.uk/admissions-year-7
https://www.rochestergrammar.org.uk/pro ... and-ethos/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
reddigarij

Post by reddigarij »

Thanks for the above nfo..Any idea on the cut-off scores over last few years for these schools...Rainham Mark, Fort Pitt, Chatham, Rochester Grammar Schools