Birmingham 2021 Marks & Preference of school.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muminbrum

Re: Birmingham 2021 Marks & Preference of school.

Post by muminbrum »

hermanmunster wrote:
Mrs.AQ wrote:Hi . I'm writing here for the first time .
Our Ds scored 215 . We are in catchment for KE Aston . But Ds really wanted to go for BV , are their any hopes for waiting list being successful at this score ?
If please I can know what was the last waiting list offer for BV.
Please relply
Thankyou .

Welcome to the forum Mrs.AQ !

The lowest score on March 1st for BV was 221, not sure how far down the WL they went - we are reliant on people letting us know if they get places. KEA went 211 and although you would not get a place under catchment, you would be highly likely to get one under Cat 5.

There is nothing to stop you putting BV first on the CAF and Aston second
We are going back 5 years now - so before the new PP and catchment rules - but DS2 got a waiting list place at BVGS. Score needed on 1st March was 219 and he scored 215 and was I think 43rd on the waiting list on 1st March. I don't have a good sense of how the new rules have changed waiting list movement but this might give you some idea of your chances. You should still put it as your first choice though as you never know and that will get you on the waiting list.
ChesterJS

Post by ChesterJS »

Hi I’m writing for the first time also, my daughter got 212 so would she have any chance of getting into Sutton Girls (we live very near to the school) any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Tamilmaaran

Post by Tamilmaaran »

hermanmunster wrote:
Tamilmaaran wrote:
muminbrum wrote:I have tried to search but can't find a post - is there a collated set of final scores for offers off waiting list for past few years anywhere? DS3 is following in DS2's footsteps and has decided to put me through a few months of waiting list watching next year!

Scroll down till the bottom

https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tamilmaaran unfortunately these are not the offers off waiting list but offers given on March 1st (allocation day)
Hi Hermanmunster,

Please find the mail form Birmingham Admissions for my question

Hi there,

I have found the cut off scores offered in March for the last 3 years for all the Birmingham Grammer Schools.

Could I have the final cut off scores after awarding to waiting list candidates for the last 3 years please.

In other words, what is the cut off mark of the last student who joined the school and after which it is closed and sealed for the academic year

Admissions <admissions@kevibham.org>
Wed 13/10/2021 11:34
Thank you for your email.

We have provide the last two years as that is relevant to the new admissions policy.

2021 entry:

Aston - 205

Camp Hill Boys - category 4, 5134 metres

Camp Hill Girls - 221

Five Ways - 228

Handsworth Girls - 207

Handsworth Boys - 205

2020 entry:

Aston - 208

Camp Hill Boys – 262

Camp Hill Girls - 238

Five Ways – category 4, 3115 metres

Handsworth Girls - 211

Handsworth Boys – 207

We do not hold the waiting lists for Bishop Vesey’s or Sutton Girls.

Regards

Admissions

The Grammar Schools in Birmingham

Foundation Office, Edgbaston Park Road

Birmingham, B15 2UD

Website: http://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tamilmaaran

Post by Tamilmaaran »

Hope this information helps everyone.
ChesterJS

Post by ChesterJS »

Thank you & do appreciate your efforts here, though seems like I will just have to wait & see as there seems to be no info available on Sutton Girls final entrance score.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Tamilmaaran wrote:Hope this information helps everyone.
V useful! Thanks for posting it. I am pottering round Dorset at the moment but when I get home I will create a sticky with it
Katie custard

Post by Katie custard »

Spoke to BV today - they offered yesterday (!!!) to 214 scoring applicant for 2021 intake - but sure if that helps anyone but wanted to share
Yakub

Post by Yakub »

Hi, I am new to this forum. Congratulations to all who have managed to secure a good scores in 11+, indeed it was a long journey with many sacrifices. Quick question, when filling up the registration form, I've ticked PP but I realised that my child won't fall in that category. Following my child's result, I've received a PP form to submit. Do I need to inform them that I don't fall or just don't submit the form?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Yakub wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum. Congratulations to all who have managed to secure a good scores in 11+, indeed it was a long journey with many sacrifices. Quick question, when filling up the registration form, I've ticked PP but I realised that my child won't fall in that category. Following my child's result, I've received a PP form to submit. Do I need to inform them that I don't fall or just don't submit the form?
I think you should ask the admissions department at the council about this - best to get the right answer

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/schooladmissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
parent8

Post by parent8 »

Regarding the preferences on local council application, can anyone explain how it works?
For example, if you are on the waiting list for two or three schools, will they consider only your first preference school or regardless of the order, each school's waiting list will run separately??

iam thinking about non catchment, non PP, category5
thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now