Hbs second round results and discussion

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: Hbs second round results and discussion

Post by Daogroupie »

And even then those who are offered a place will not know any ranking order, only that they were ranked highly enough for place.
Those who are on the waiting list are given their waiting list ranking and for the past few years all those from 1 to 20 on the waiting list are invited to offer day alongside those holding offers, which is a few days after allocation day. DG
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

MrsA wrote:Hi All,

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone knows how much movement there is on the Henrietta Barnett waiting list between the national offer day in march, and the start of school in September?

I know Henrietta Barnett don't give ranking but is there any way of knowing which position/rank was given the last place in March, and how far down the list they went by September?

Thanks in advance.
The stats found at the following FOI responses could give you some ideas about score/ranks of DD who secured an offer last year.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1132146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1119822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sanshetty

Post by sanshetty »

That looks like an excellent piece of deductive thinking fiate2000 :) .

By my analysis, the lowest R1 score that got an offer at HBS stood at around 299. (assuming there are 72 scores in each sheet and they are all in descending order).

Sorry, as an afterthought, this doesn't take into account how the dds performed in the second round.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Entry Sep 20 the waiting list reached 29 by mid September. DG
Daogroupie

HBS just sent a letter to all second round candidates

Post by Daogroupie »

Reminding them to put HBS first if it is their first choice and that they will not be releasing any rank scores.I guess this is their second round results email!
Here is a copy of the letter.
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021, 16:15

Subject: The Henrietta Barnett School - Round Two Candidates
Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of

Thank you very much for your interest in a place at The Henrietta Barnett School. We hope that your daughter’s experience of sitting the Entrance Tests was a positive one.

As you know, your daughter performed well enough in Round One to enable her to sit the Round Two test. Therefore, it is the case that she may be offered a place at the School. Please note that candidates for whom the Local Authority confirms that they meet Category Three of the Oversubscription Criteria (live within 3 miles subject to checks by Barnet Local Authority), will be considered ahead of those in Category Four (the rest in rank order). In 2020 and 2021, the vast majority of candidates were in Category Four. You will understand that we can only give an indication of the situation, because we do not know how many of our candidates will choose to put Henrietta Barnett down as 1st preference on the CAF form and that informs how far down the ranking we can offer places.

I hope it is useful to take this opportunity to remind you that it is important to list The Henrietta Barnett School as your daughter's first preference if you do want her to come here. If you place Henrietta Barnett as your daughter’s first preference and then she is not offered a place, you will not jeopardise her chances of being given a place at those other schools you have named. If you do not put Henrietta Barnett down as your highest preference, then your daughter will not be offered a place. Your daughter will be offered a place at the school which you have ranked highest amongst those for which your application meets the admissions criteria. You are therefore strongly advised to rank the schools to which you are applying in your genuine order of preference.

As we want our students to arrive as equals in September 2022, scores and rankings will not be released. Second Round candidates who are not offered a place by the Local Authority on National Offers Day, and who do not wish to remain on the Waiting List for the School, can request their test scores after 1st March 2022.

The closing date for applications for the CAF form to your Local Authority is 31st October 2021. No other forms apart from the CAF are needed in order to apply. Offers of a school place can only be made by your Local Authority. They will let you know the outcome on National Offer Day which is 1st March 2022.

Kind regards,

Kimberley Jackson

Assistant Head (Wellbeing and Operations)
log

Re: HBS just sent a letter to all second round candidates

Post by log »

This email does not help in any way really.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That is because they do not want to tell you the information you want to know.
But they are required to give you the second round results information before the CAF form is due in on 31st October.
So here it is, consisting of nothing specific to your DC's results and nothing you did not already know. DG
Edited by moderator
Hanzi2007

Post by Hanzi2007 »

So please guide me . I live in St Albans and if I put HBS our first choice on CAF , then what are the chances to get a place on 1st of March ?
mad?

Post by mad? »

It is impossible to say Hanzi2007. Obviously your DD’s chances are much lower than if you lived near the school. Other than that her changes depend on how many local children qualify and rank it first and then on whether she scored high enough to g t one of the remaining places. Good luck!
mad?
Sam11+

Post by Sam11+ »

Daogroupie wrote:Entry Sep 20 the waiting list reached 29 by mid September. DG
Not sure if my understanding is correct: since they offered no. 299 on 31 March and waiting list 29 offered by mid Sep. Does that mean DD didn’t pass round 1 has potential to be offered as soon as HB is placed in first choice? Thank you DG