Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brackenboo

Waiting lists

Post by Brackenboo »

As we're right on the cusp for Crypt it's got me wondering about waiting lists. Does anyone know whether I would contact the school or council to see how many people got on from the waiting list, although it looks like last year it would have only been 4 people before the late test...
Polgara_Glos

Re: Waiting lists

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I think you'll get a quicker response from the school.

I'm sorry.

Edited - I've seen your other post. I remember you live quite near to me and my DD is now at Stroud. It takes me 20 mins door to door and her bus takes 25 mins. So don't discount Marling quite yet...
RedMaple

Re: Waiting lists

Post by RedMaple »

Brackenboo wrote:As we're right on the cusp for Crypt it's got me wondering about waiting lists. Does anyone know whether I would contact the school or council to see how many people got on from the waiting list, although it looks like last year it would have only been 4 people before the late test...

I hate to say it but there is very little point in contacting the school at this point. You can't bank on what happened the previous year as it will be so dependent on where people place their choices on the application form and how people score in the late test. You have to wait until Allocations Day in March - you may get lucky and they will take to a lower ranking than last year. If you miss out at that point, you then should phone the school, see how far you are away and ask to stay on the waiting list. There is always considerable movement between March 1st and then Reconsideration (my son jumped up 10 places for Marling at that point) and then beyond then, as appeals start taking place and people shift around. He got offered a place in May along with a lot of other DC (admittedly that was an exceptional year as Crypt went co-ed and did not rank enough kids so were left short on March 1st).

It is very hard waiting and difficult to explain to a 10 year old why you can't confirm anything. You have to remain upbeat and positive and open to all outcomes. Hope this helps and best of luck to you!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now