Birmingham 2021 Marks & Preference of school.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: Birmingham 2021 Marks & Preference of school.

Post by hermanmunster »

parent8 wrote:Regarding the preferences on local council application, can anyone explain how it works?
For example, if you are on the waiting list for two or three schools, will they consider only your first preference school or regardless of the order, each school's waiting list will run separately??

iam thinking about non catchment, non PP, category5
thanks
You can be on the waiting list for any school you have been refused a place at - so each list runs separately
RoonilWazlib

Post by RoonilWazlib »

Hi all,

This is my first time posting, I’ve only just found this forum, wish I had known about it sooner!
Congratulations to all the children that took the test - they worked so hard and I know we are all so proud of our kids.
My daughter got her Birmingham consortium results on Monday and got 224.
We are out of catchment for all the King Edward schools and non Pupil Premium.
Sorry to sound silly but what does priority score mean?

When are the Walsall/Shropshire/Wolverhampton results coming out? I have correspondence stating 15th October and also 22nd October.

Many thanks in advance
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

RoonilWazlib wrote:Hi all,

This is my first time posting, I’ve only just found this forum, wish I had known about it sooner!
Congratulations to all the children that took the test - they worked so hard and I know we are all so proud of our kids.
My daughter got her Birmingham consortium results on Monday and got 224.
We are out of catchment for all the King Edward schools and non Pupil Premium.
Sorry to sound silly but what does priority score mean?

When are the Walsall/Shropshire/Wolverhampton results coming out? I have correspondence stating 15th October and also 22nd October.

Many thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum!
The 2 relevant scores are
:the qualifying score (min score needed to get a place if eligible for PP - currently 205)
:the priority score (min score for non PP to get catchment place - currently 224)

Not sure when the other results are coming out - hopefully soon :wink:
New 11+ mum

Post by New 11+ mum »

We have been told by Haberdashers Adams that they expect to receive the marks from CEM mid this week (so they should have them by now) and they expect to post them to us by Wedneaday or Thursday next week. So hopefully we will receive them by Friday or Saturday. I can't wait for this wait to be over!
Squash-dad8

Post by Squash-dad8 »

Re: New 11+ Mum.

I feel the pain. We are based in Birmingham and received our scores on Monday. Such a relief. Hope you all the best whatever happens.

Fascinating forum.

Thanks all.
twokidsdad

Post by twokidsdad »

hermanmunster wrote:
parent8 wrote:Regarding the preferences on local council application, can anyone explain how it works?
For example, if you are on the waiting list for two or three schools, will they consider only your first preference school or regardless of the order, each school's waiting list will run separately??

iam thinking about non catchment, non PP, category5
thanks
You can be on the waiting list for any school you have been refused a place at - so each list runs separately

I think you might still easily get into any King edward schools apart from Five way one. last year lowest score required was 236 I think (Cat 5 in your situiation).
Camp hill can be tough also. but i don't see any problem with Handsworth one.
224 is a very good score and contrats to your daughter! My daughter scored 223 and we live within camp hill cathment, but since she 1 point short of priority intake she is now cat 5. finger crossed she will get in any grammar school.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Tamilmaaran wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
Tamilmaaran wrote:

Scroll down till the bottom

https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tamilmaaran unfortunately these are not the offers off waiting list but offers given on March 1st (allocation day)
Hi Hermanmunster,

Please find the mail form Birmingham Admissions for my question

Hi there,

I have found the cut off scores offered in March for the last 3 years for all the Birmingham Grammer Schools.

Could I have the final cut off scores after awarding to waiting list candidates for the last 3 years please.

In other words, what is the cut off mark of the last student who joined the school and after which it is closed and sealed for the academic year

Admissions <admissions@kevibham.org>
Wed 13/10/2021 11:34
Thank you for your email.

We have provide the last two years as that is relevant to the new admissions policy.

2021 entry:

Aston - 205

Camp Hill Boys - category 4, 5134 metres

Camp Hill Girls - 221

Five Ways - 228

Handsworth Girls - 207

Handsworth Boys - 205

2020 entry:

Aston - 208

Camp Hill Boys – 262

Camp Hill Girls - 238

Five Ways – category 4, 3115 metres

Handsworth Girls - 211

Handsworth Boys – 207

We do not hold the waiting lists for Bishop Vesey’s or Sutton Girls.

Regards

Admissions

The Grammar Schools in Birmingham

Foundation Office, Edgbaston Park Road

Birmingham, B15 2UD

Website: http://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi Tamilmarran
Hermanmunster is correct, the figures that you have been given are the scores/ distance on the 1st March allocation day.

I know this because we live 4.5km from KEFW and my child was allocated a place mid March (2020) after the 1st round of places being declined. Other children who live further than KEFW than we do were offered places throughout the months up until the start of the 2020 school year.
Grnalram5

Post by Grnalram5 »

Hi, I am also new the forum, and have also found the forum really helpful. :D My Dd scored 220, and we are in the catchment for CHG, on reading everything I think we will fall in category 5.
What I am unsure of is when it comes to the 1st of March, do you automatically go on the waiting lists for the grammar schools you listed and have not been offered a place at? And if you accept a place at another school, do you remain on the waiting lists for the other grammar schools? Or do you have to notify them?
And who do you contact to find out your place on the waiting lists?

Sorry for all the questions and any guidance on this will be really appreciated. Thank you
spooky101

Post by spooky101 »

Hi all. It has been an interesting week and I am wishing we had discovered this forum sooner! Our catchment is KEA and BV. Currently awaiting the Queen Mary results although proximity is one of the priorities. One of the things we have done is to check out the area during home time. Pretty much as expected.

Out of curiosity, do their primary schools get notified of their results or is this strictly a private matter.
Serawill

Post by Serawill »

Hi all,
I am new to the forum.
Hope all got results for Birmingham 11 plus.
My DD got 221 plus, hope she gets into Sutton girls as we are based in Leicester. Ready to relocate once she gets a place. Just need some guidance regarding few things
1-Is there a probability of getting anything from KE group inside Birmingham under OOC criteria?
2-Can Progress 8 score be used in deciding the school or it's not relevant?
3-Opinions about Sutton and Wolverhampton girls regarding home works, school clubs and pastoral care. Etc
4-Deciding the school is becoming very difficult as above schools not offering any in person open days.
Sorry for asking too many questions

Thanks
Last edited by Serawill on Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now