travelling to Bishop VESEY SCHOOL FRO SOLIHULL

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ang

travelling to Bishop VESEY SCHOOL FRO SOLIHULL

Post by Ang »

Hi

We are thinking of applying to Bishop Vesey school in Sutton but are unsure about travelling times. Is there anyone who has a child there currently who could enlighten us? or is it easier to travel to King Edwards School in Stratford?

Thanks in advance
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

lived in the area a long time ago (solihull that is) never did find out how to get to Sutton Coldfield though knew quite a few people who lived there. Stratford was always easy to get to on the train from Solihull Station.

I'm sure someone with more recent knowledge will help out

PS which is your catchment school? Have you thought of the KE Birmingham schools?
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Ang

I guess the answer depends where you live in Bimringham and how close you are to a cross city (Redditch-Lichfield) station. If you are close then it's certainly viable.

Equally if you live anywhere close to the Shakespeare Line (Bimingham Snow Hill to Starford) then King Edwards in Starford is equally viable. We live near to Wythall station and there are a number of boys who travel to Statford from that station. I guess the same would apply to other stations on the line.

Regards

Ken
Ang

Post by Ang »

sorry forgot to say.... we live in solihull so were wondering if travelling to bishops vessy was viable or even to stratford.
solimum

travel

Post by solimum »

It does depend exactly where you are in Solihull - as others have said, there are direct trains through Hall Green, Yardley Wood, Shirley, Wythall etc to Stratford, but if you are nearer to the other line through Solihull station itself you might have to look for buses (although the X20 express bus to Stratford goes as you might expect down the Stratford road which is also the Shirley side of Solihull). For Sutton Coldfield I don't know about buses, but by train I guess you'd have to go into Birmingham Moor St & walk across to New St. There are dedicated "green buses" to the KE grammars through parts of Solihull, although the routes can be a little tortuous! The best way to investigate public transport options is via one of the online journey planners such as Transport Direct

http://www.transportdirect.info/web2/De ... tingloop=Y

or the West Mids travel website has comprehensive bus info

http://www.travelwm.co.uk/

Don't forget that many of the Solihull comps also do a good job at educating their bright pupils .... My son emerged from one with a crop of A*s and went to KE grammar for 6th form (by which time the travel didn't seem such a big deal)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now