AFN Practice test C Help Please

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaysDarlin

AFN Practice test C Help Please

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hello everyone.

Can someone help with AFN Practice Test C, please?

We are stuck on Q 47

Lots of shapes.. cant be explained in words!

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi,

Think it is best tackled simply by looking at the number and type of each of the elements in the nine squares, so:
1. At the top of the square there are either squares, triangles or sideways u-shapes. There are 3 lots of squares (two blacks, one black left and white right, one black right and white left); 3 lots of triangles with the same variations as the squares, therefore you need another set of sideways u's which must both be black - eliminate answers b and c
2. In the middle there are either black crosses, white pentagons or black near-squares, again 3 of each type so you are missing a black near-square - eliminate answer d
3. At the bottom of the squares there are either circles, flower pots or dumbbells, two black; one left black, white right; one left white right black. You are missing a left white, right black dumbbell - eliminate a

Answer e.

Sorry for my not very good descriptions of shapes - I am not sure what they should be called!
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Oh my goodness. I would never have thought that. Where can we practice more questions like these - any idea?
Alex

Post by Alex »

We found the AE Tuition Workbooks 1 and 2 helpful - they introduce what to look for step by step.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hi Alex.

Thanks for this. We have completed the AE books. Its just that we were stumped on this one - can you (or anyone else) tell me which category this questions type falls into, I think we need to practice more on these type of questions.

Thanks,

Sara.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now