How many qualified?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Polaris

How many qualified?

Post by Polaris »

Just out of interest does anyone know how many children each of the schools qualified this time?
Brackenboo

Re: How many qualified?

Post by Brackenboo »

Crypt qualified 800 out if 2400
Tommies didn't say, but we were 442 and qualified
Pates 244 out of 1900
np84

Post by np84 »

So Pates have qualified more than they did last year, does anyone understand the rationale behind this? Curious!
sktttttt

Post by sktttttt »

np84 wrote:So Pates have qualified more than they did last year, does anyone understand the rationale behind this? Curious!
Definitely would be interested in this given we're on the cusp.

Also interested in why they went lower in the rankings for 2021 than in 2019 or 2020. I know people have said it's because of covid, but I can't quite figure out how that would have affected things....
Janicet118

Post by Janicet118 »

Anyone know why Crypt qualified 800 out of 2400. Seems quite a lot to me.
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

Last year was so far removed from normal; the test was postponed for a month with a few weeks notice, and we had to submit the CAF before results came out. That’s on top of the lockdown, home learning etc which made for an unusual year, to say the least! I think most schools qualified a few more than usual.

As for Crypt qualifying 800 children for 150 places, not every child who shared results will apply to the school. Some will have another preference, some will choose private, and so on.
ASHAZ

Post by ASHAZ »

Str qualified 540, as we asked them, ds got 549 score

I am wondering if anyone know anything about marling
BusyandConfused!

Post by BusyandConfused! »

sktttttt wrote:
np84 wrote:So Pates have qualified more than they did last year, does anyone understand the rationale behind this? Curious!

Also interested in why they went lower in the rankings for 2021 than in 2019 or 2020. I know people have said it's because of covid, but I can't quite figure out how that would have affected things....

I’ve heard a couple of theories - one was that COVID meant their were fewer out of county children who chose to take up a place, due to the uncertainly of moving, travel etc. I.e people choosing to stay closer to home.

More long term, Crypt have now had 4 (?) years of being mixed, so are seen as a viable Co-Ed alternative to Pates. So may take more people from Pates than previously.

I’m sure there are other reasons - and it may just have been one of those years - think it happened 5 or 6 years ago too, that they went down to about 220, so had to qualify more.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

People didn't know what ranks they had and as Gloucestershire allows 5 schools people could take a chance
sktttttt

Post by sktttttt »

BusyandConfused! wrote:
sktttttt wrote:

I’ve heard a couple of theories - one was that COVID meant their were fewer out of county children who chose to take up a place, due to the uncertainly of moving, travel etc. I.e people choosing to stay closer to home.

More long term, Crypt have now had 4 (?) years of being mixed, so are seen as a viable Co-Ed alternative to Pates. So may take more people from Pates than previously.

I’m sure there are other reasons - and it may just have been one of those years - think it happened 5 or 6 years ago too, that they went down to about 220, so had to qualify more.
Thanks - both of those make some kind of sense. I guess only the school itself actually knows the multitude of reasons

Will be putting Pates as number 1 choice just in case, but without any expectation of getting a place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now