11+ teat 2009

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Katherine

11+ test 2009

Post by Katherine »

Hai Everybody
I am from Reading and my son is going to write the 11+ test november 2009 for Reading boys school.
Is there any parents trying for this school in 2009 , so that we can mutually interchange ideas about preparation for the test.
Any ideas and advice are happily accepted esp from parents whose children are studying in reading boys school ,who knows better about, how to prepare for the Exam?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

What do the boys have to do with the Teats Katherine?! :lol:
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Katherine

Take a look at the Berkshire section of the forum.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=10

Patricia
Milli

Post by Milli »

Hi
My son is at Reading - so whereas I am not going through it all this year, have been there!

The Reading is exam is quite balanced - the real killer is not knowing whether or not you will get a VR or NVR paper!

The Maths exam is written for the school and MUCH easier than any 11+ practice Maths paper you may do. It is standard level 5 Maths SATs level. The English Comprehension is 3 passages and sets of questions rather than one long one. Again, the Grammar questions are straightforward - missing Capital letters, Speech marks, there or their etc. They also have to write a 15m short essay (using a pencil - no pens allowed)

It's a great school. Good luck!
stevew61

Re: 11+ test 2009

Post by stevew61 »

Katherine wrote:Hai Everybody
I am from Reading and my son is going to write the 11+ test november 2009 for Reading boys school.
Is there any parents trying for this school in 2009
Hi Katherine,

You are ahead of most people in your planning for 2009 exam. :) Starting early means you can take a more relaxed approach, little and often is best.

My DS1 sat in 2006 and has just started in year eight at Reading, it is worth the effort. When you find the going tough have a look at the school web site and the 2008 GCSE results. :)

I am working on DS2 for 2010 but in a very low key way. Their are now some good starter materials from Bond (NVR), Bond (English) and the Tutors (VR) so we are working on basic techniques.

Happy to help, it helps me to, I am still learning. :lol:

Best to post Reading questions on Berkshire, you will get more responses.

Good luck with the work.

steve
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now