Scoring sample

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nervouswait

Scoring sample

Post by Nervouswait »

Hi - can anyone tell me if the GL scoring is standardised relative to a national sample or is it standardised relative to the kids that take a specific test?

My DD has taken a local 11+ on the Wirral and if you follow the standardised scoring 16% or pupils would score 236 or above over two tests. However normally 40% of pupils who sit the Wirral tests actually pass the exam.

Can anyone shed any light?
KaB£H1s3

Re: Scoring sample

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Nervouswait wrote:Hi - can anyone tell me if the GL scoring is standardised relative to a national sample or is it standardised relative to the kids that take a specific test?

My DD has taken a local 11+ on the Wirral and if you follow the standardised scoring 16% or pupils would score 236 or above over two tests. However normally 40% of pupils who sit the Wirral tests actually pass the exam.

Can anyone shed any light?
Does pupil premium have a lower pass mark in your area? If so, they could pass the test with a lower score than 236.

Is there a local review procedure that allows some kids to pass without actually getting the pass mark. For example they get 15 marks below and submit their primary school reports and other evidence to support the suitability for grammar school?

I'm trying to think of other scenarios... lower pass mark for looked after children, military families, siblings, children with a particular aptitude, SEN?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now