KEHS Scholarships and Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MathsMonster

KEHS Scholarships and Results

Post by MathsMonster »

Does anyone know when the KEHS scholarship interview letters are sent out? Or when the results are out?
charlissimo

Re: KEHS Scholarships and Results

Post by charlissimo »

MathsMonster wrote:Does anyone know when the KEHS scholarship interview letters are sent out? Or when the results are out?

I think I saw December 12th.
Anxiousmum84

Post by Anxiousmum84 »

Hi. Please could I check - would receiving an assisted place questionnaire from Kehs be indicative of the child having done well enough in the test to be considered for a place - so even if the threshold for an assisted place is not reached, would the child still be in the running for a place- even full fee paying?
MathsMonster

Post by MathsMonster »

Thank you, I know someone who has received a scholarship interview letter, do they send all offers including scholarships in December?
MathsMonster

Post by MathsMonster »

Sorry I’m not sure about the assisted place
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Anxiousmum84 wrote:Hi. Please could I check - would receiving an assisted place questionnaire from Kehs be indicative of the child having done well enough in the test to be considered for a place - so even if the threshold for an assisted place is not reached, would the child still be in the running for a place- even full fee paying?
It might be easier to ring the foundation office to confirm.

I am not sure on the first but I believe the second to be correct from what I have previously read. From memory joint income on assisted places on a sliding scale was up to about £70,000 per annum in years gone by before it went to full fees. Certain capital assets and savings were also taken into account.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

quasimodo wrote:
Anxiousmum84 wrote:Hi. Please could I check - would receiving an assisted place questionnaire from Kehs be indicative of the child having done well enough in the test to be considered for a place - so even if the threshold for an assisted place is not reached, would the child still be in the running for a place- even full fee paying?

I am not sure on the first but I believe the second to be correct from what I have previously read. From memory joint income on assisted places on a sliding scale was up to about £70,000 per annum in years gone by before it went to full fees. Certain capital assets and savings were also taken into account.
i think that is correct that the child would be in the running for a full fees place, however I think they meet with parents (if they have applied for an assisted place) to discuss if full-fees is manageable - they don't want people starting and then running into foreseeable financial problems while at the school
Anxiousmum84

Post by Anxiousmum84 »

Ah thank you! We had an email this week with a questionnaire and was desperate to know whether this meant my daughter was in the running for a place - or whether it’s sent out to everyone. In terms of assisted place- not sure I fit the criteria but hoping that this then wouldn’t preclude us from a place

hermanmunster wrote:
quasimodo wrote:

i think that is correct that the child would be in the running for a full fees place, however I think they meet with parents (if they have applied for an assisted place) to discuss if full-fees is manageable - they don't want people starting and then running into foreseeable financial problems while at the school
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think the thing about assisted places is that they are well aware that some people may appear to be income-poor but eye-wateringly asset rich with much being owned by family trusts and family companies. Rightly they look into these a bit further

They really try to spread the money out where it is genuinely needed, I think they are also very concerned about people who apply for an assisted place, would get it on the financials but not on the academics and then suddenly decide they can afford to pay after all - it maybe because the belts can be tightened or Granny decides to help etc (which is fine) . What they are wary of is people taking the FF place and then running into financial problems and the bursary funds being used to help out when it was clear that this was going to be the case all along.

If you feel you are borderline financially for AP then quite right to apply and it shouldn't be a problem re being offered a FF place - you can't get a proper answer re the financials until they have done the whole calculation, the charts they produce are fairly basic.
rahulbsp

Post by rahulbsp »

Can anyone please advise how many pupil sit for KEHS exam and is comparatively easier or tougher than getting into Camphill for Girls ?
I know both have different exam styles with KEHS focusing more on creative writing and English but still on an average which one is easier of the two to get into ?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now