Calday school choir

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HopefulDen

Calday school choir

Post by HopefulDen »

Sorry I know this is not an 11+ question but I thought someone may know...My son has just entered Calday and has been selected for the choir-If he performs well he'll become a permanent memeber after xmas. However he's come home with talses of all of the trips abroad they've been on in past years-my question is a simple one-Does anyone know how much these trips cost and are there several a year or just 1 or two? If he's going to persue this I need to know to build it into the budget. I'd ask the school but to be honest I'm always a bit embarrassed to ask anyone about the cost of anything (and often end up paying more thanI need to!)
thanks in anticipation
Denise J
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hiya Den I can't help with your question but just wondered how your DS is getting on at Calday in general? My DS loves it and has settled in great ,he loves his new lessons and has made lots of new friends!
I am so pleased he is so happy and hope your DS and all other kids out there are too!
DS has first violin lesson tomorrow but has not mentioned choir,don't think it's really his thing unless they sing Iron Maiden or Metallica!!
Have you checked the website for any info re choir?
Hope to talk soon
Pensby
HopefulDen

Thinking of you-coincidences

Post by HopefulDen »

Hi Pensby-funnily enough I was thinking of you a few minutes ago and how you and your DS were getting on. Glad everything is working out for you both.
Yes my DS loves it two although I've found the last 2 weeks very draining but my energy levels are rising again now. Its just getting used to the new routines and the general change.
I put my DS down for Guitar but he hasn't heard anything yet and the re is nothing on the music board yet. We aren't in any rush though as he's continuing his keyboard lessons extrenally. Coincidently his keyboard tutor is the Mum of one of the heads of the music department who is also his music teacher in the school-small world isn't it. Also turns out that the son of my husband's boss is also in my DS's class and has become one of his new friends-even smaller world.
I checked the site for choir info but the pages under music are blank and the extra curricular pages just have a photo of the choir in Barcelona. Obviously once my DS gets to know some of the other boys in the choir he can ask them himself. I don't want to draw attention to him too much until he's settled at the moment if you know what I mean-he is just delighted to be in the choir at all. I just want any nasty surprises!
Keep in touch
Denise J
HopefulDen

Answer

Post by HopefulDen »

I found out the answer to this yesterday via the choir newletter so no replies neede ta!
Denise J
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now