Postcodes covering catchment areas for HBS, DAO and Latymer

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
VKG

Postcodes covering catchment areas for HBS, DAO and Latymer

Post by VKG »

Hi, I am planning to move to North London and looking for an area to buy a house which covers catchment for all 3 Schools - HBS, DAO and Latymer.
Can someone please suggest me the areas or post codes ?

Many Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Postcodes covering catchment areas for HBS, DAO and Laty

Post by ToadMum »

VKG wrote:Hi, I am planning to move to North London and looking for an area to buy a house which covers catchment for all 3 Schools - HBS, DAO and Latymer.

Many Thanks
The DAO and Latymer priority admissions areas are published as part of their admissions arrangements, on their websites.

The priority admissions area for HBS is a 3 mile radius from the school. If you see a property that interests you, it may be possible to check with the LB Barnet as to the distance from the School.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
VKG

Post by VKG »

ToadMum wrote:
VKG wrote:Hi, I am planning to move to North London and looking for an area to buy a house which covers catchment for all 3 Schools - HBS, DAO and Latymer.

Many Thanks
The DAO and Latymer priority admissions areas are published as part of their admissions arrangements, on their websites.

The priority admissions area for HBS is a 3 mile radius from the school. If you see a property that interests you, it may be possible to check with the LB Barnet as to the distance from the School.
Thanks ToadMum. Yes I am looking for an area or postcodes Within that 3 mile radius of HBS catchment which is also eligible for both DAO and Latymer.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'll move this to the relevant area for you
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Would the HBS priority area be listed as postcodes, though? If it's a circle from the point of the school, the cut-off in a street at the periphery could literally be between two properties with exactly the same postcode, which would be split by the GIS Barnet uses?
To give an approximate idea,there are free online mapping tools one can use to draw a circle around the centre of a given postcode (e.g. NW11 7BN for HBS).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

You need to check N11 and N12 postcodes. Not all part of all post code is in the catchment so you will have to do your own research. Also as pointed out already, HBS priority area is a 3 mile radius from the school so you need to check from the council if the property is indeed within 3 miles of HBS on their systems. Some parts of N11 and N12 are within 3 mile radius of HBS as per google maps.
VKG

Post by VKG »

jazbaati99 wrote:You need to check N11 and N12 postcodes. Not all part of all post code is in the catchment so you will have to do your own research. Also as pointed out already, HBS priority area is a 3 mile radius from the school so you need to check from the council if the property is indeed within 3 miles of HBS on their systems. Some parts of N11 and N12 are within 3 mile radius of HBS as per google maps.
ok. thank you so much for the info.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Here's a few, from (in order) the DAO list, the Latymer list and looking at areas within three Mike's of the centre of the HBS postcode, using a random free mapping tool:

DAO:
N11    sectors 1, 3

LATYMER:
N11

HBS:
N11 Coppetts, London (2.4 miles)

DAO:
N12    all sectors

LATYMER:
N12

HBS:
N12 Woodhouse, London (2.5 miles)
N12 Coppetts, London (2.3 miles)
N12 Mill Hill, London (2.2 miles)
N12 West Finchley, London (1.1 miles)

DAO:
N20 all sectors

LATYMER:
N20

HBS:
N20 Coppetts, London (2.4 miles)
N20 Woodhouse, London (2.5 miles)
VKG

Post by VKG »

ToadMum wrote:Here's a few, from (in order) the DAO list, the Latymer list and looking at areas within three Mike's of the centre of the HBS postcode, using a random free mapping tool:

DAO:
N11    sectors 1, 3

LATYMER:
N11

HBS:
N11 Coppetts, London (2.4 miles)

DAO:
N12    all sectors

LATYMER:
N12

HBS:
N12 Woodhouse, London (2.5 miles)
N12 Coppetts, London (2.3 miles)
N12 Mill Hill, London (2.2 miles)
N12 West Finchley, London (1.1 miles)

DAO:
N20 all sectors

LATYMER:
N20

HBS:
N20 Coppetts, London (2.4 miles)
N20 Woodhouse, London (2.5 miles)
Many Many Thanks for this . This is very useful. May I please know what N11 Coppetts, London (2.4 miles) means ? so postcodes starting with n11 but what does Coppetts mean ? Thanks
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

These are the names of the areas within the postcode so it narrows it down further the areas within 3 miles of HBS and within the required postcodes of Latymar and DAO. For example N11 Coppetts would be Coppett's Wood locality which is 2.3 miles from HBS and other areas of N11 may be in the catchment of DAO and Latymar but not within 3 miles of HBS.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now