Nonsuch side / park entrance?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Happy_!

Nonsuch side / park entrance?

Post by Happy_! »

Hello

I am thinking about practical issues to finalise my CAF form for my DD particularly crossing the road near Nonsuch. The traffic can go quite fast there and the bend in the road near the park reduces visibility.

Can the girls go in and out of a back entrance to the school in Nonsuch park? Whereabouts is that. I know there is a crossing a bit further round the bend near Anne Boleyn walk but I think my daughter would be tempted to dash across to the bus stop near the park because going go the crossing would be the wrong direction for her. I am wondering if there is a way to avoid this through the back entrance and the park though?

Thanks
11+2021

Re: Nonsuch side / park entrance?

Post by 11+2021 »

Happy_! wrote:Hello

I am thinking about practical issues to finalise my CAF form for my DD particularly crossing the road near Nonsuch. The traffic can go quite fast there and the bend in the road near the park reduces visibility.

Can the girls go in and out of a back entrance to the school in Nonsuch park? Whereabouts is that. I know there is a crossing a bit further round the bend near Anne Boleyn walk but I think my daughter would be tempted to dash across to the bus stop near the park because going go the crossing would be the wrong direction for her. I am wondering if there is a way to avoid this through the back entrance and the park though?

Thanks
The back entrance is about here: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/uovD4u9GkWMyiKsE7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've seen quite a few girls using it (not sure whether it is limited to certain years/forms though).
And also, for what it's worth, I've not seen any girls dashing across the road at that bend. Lots of them on the cycle path into Cheam, yes, but not crossing the road anywhere other than the crossing.
11+2021

Re: Nonsuch side / park entrance?

Post by 11+2021 »

Not sure if the drop pin worked. Basically you go through the main entrance to Nonsuch park and there are car parks on the right and left. There's a back gate behind the carpark on the left.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now