St Albans boys second round emails out

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Walkingdead

St Albans boys second round emails out

Post by Walkingdead »

Has anyone else received their second round emails? It says that not all boys will get interviews. I wonder if this means that those without interviews will not get offers?
Daogroupie

Re: St Albans boys second round emails out

Post by Daogroupie »

Opposite actually.

St Albans offer interviews to borderline candidates which I think it is wonderful.

So if your English paper was weak you have a chance to meet with the Head of English and convince them that you are actually a better applicant than the paper you did and that was just a bad day. And exactly the same happens with a weak Maths paper, you have a chance to meet with the Head of Maths. DG
Walkingdead

Post by Walkingdead »

Thank you DG. I am just a little concerned as normally they have an interview during the exam day but this year it was just exams and no interview last Saturday. It would mean that they will not see my child at all if he does not get an interview during the second stage. I know its Covid times but wouldn't that be strange or is this normal these days?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The interview was never very key, just a ten minute chat really on the day of the exam. So I think they have cut it because it was not a deal breaker and did not give them very much information.

If your ds was strong enough in the three key academic subjects then he is very very likely to receive an offer. DG
babyflint

Post by babyflint »

Do we know approx how many are called back for interview? With only 70 odd places will they interview many over that? I guess it depends on how many are borderline. DG thanks for your explanation, I did wonder the same as the author.
PS231

Post by PS231 »

So I assume, if we don't receive the interview email then we would be most likely be getting an offer? We have already got an email for being included in the second stage process.
jmuk1610

Post by jmuk1610 »

I suppose this also applies to St Alban's High School for Girls where they only interview borderline candidates?
Walkingdead

Post by Walkingdead »

Well no interview invite here, I am hoping this is a good sign, anyone else heard about their interview?
babyflint

Post by babyflint »

Walkingdead wrote:Well no interview invite here, I am hoping this is a good sign, anyone else heard about their interview?
Same here Walkingdead, second phase email received on Friday but no interview email today, I also hope that's good news. There doesn't seem to be any detail about further phases either?
PS231

Post by PS231 »

Has anyone got any email yet?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now