Newstead Wood offer day 2022 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PettswoodFiona

Newstead Wood offer day 2022 entry

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Good luck all who are applying to Newstead Wood School. I thought it would be helpful to start a thread to record information for offer day 2022 and include some information for past years. DD is currently in Lower Sixth having started at the school in y7, so also happy to answer questions about the school.

According to the Governor's minutes 1,400 sat the test in the autumn of 2021, this is for 168 places. A few years before was this closer to 1000 sitting the test so don't know if this is a blip year or is a similar trend. I don't have the figures for the 2020 test (anyone care to fill in the gap?) and anecdotally understand fewer may have sat the test with all the Covid fears at the time. The offer day scores for 2021 entry were at least three points lower as a result. PP and forces premium places within the 9 mile catchment require a qualifying score of 210 and so the ranking of scores does not apply to this group. For the rest, I summarise below information from previous years:

- 2021 entry it was fairly quiet on this forum but we know that at least some (if not all) on scores of 217 got places on offer day - update: I have had private messages to say that scores of 212 were overheard as having got in and whilst 210 is also mentioned we don't know if this was a PP or referring to the qualifying score - note this is overheard information and not verified. If anyone has firmer information do update this thread. If you don't want to post publicly but want to share information then you can private message me and I will anonymously report back the information.
- 2020 entry the offer day score was 220, someone with 219 was 10th on waitlist.
- For 2019 entry the offer day score was 223, not all on 223 got an offer that day
- For 2019 entry by start of September term it had gone down to 218, waitlist position 27
- For 2018 entry the offer day score was 222, not all on 222 got an offer that day
- For 2018 entry by spring it had gone down to 220 and waitlist position 13
- For 2018 by end of July it had gone down to 219, waitlist position 23
- 2016 entry the score went down to 215 by September. Number of places on offer was 160

If you are posting a score please be sensitive to those who may not have got places. A very high score may not be appropriate to post. The most useful information will be those who score around the traditional cut-offs and as per the note above, if you would prefer not to mention the score or that no offer was made you are welcome to message me with the information and I will post anonymously or answer your questions privately depending on what you indicate you are comfortable with.

A few days after offer day, those who had Newstead on their CAF but did not receive an offer will get information detailing their waitlist number. This waitlist number may be a better indication of likelihood of gaining a place than the score itself as there may be a lot of girls on the same score.

Anyone outside of the 9 mile catchment has not previously been offered a place. People are known to move into the area after taking the test and getting the score, the move usually taking place by around end of November.

Updated with information about 2021 entry received via PM.
Last edited by PettswoodFiona on Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoolah29

Re: Newstead Wood offer day 2022 entry

Post by Hoolah29 »

Hi.

Out of curiosity, what is the score out of?

I’m not from your area x
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Hoolah29 wrote:Hi.

I’m not from your area x
The results letter will have told those who got their results back in October that the score is out of 280, 140 for each of VR and NVR, but that isn’t necessarily the number of questions or marks and it is standardised so not worth a focus. The admissions guidance explains how those on the same score are ranked and what elements of the test are given greater weight.

Unlike in Kent, there is no minimum required in either VR or NVR. It is the total that matters so a pupil could be stellar in one area and a bit weaker in another and still get a qualifying score.
Hoolah29

Post by Hoolah29 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Hoolah29 wrote:Hi.

I’m not from your area x
The results letter will have told those who got their results back in October that the score is out of 280, 140 for each of VR and NVR, but that isn’t necessarily the number of questions or marks and it is standardised so not worth a focus. The admissions guidance explains how those on the same score are ranked and what elements of the test are given greater weight.

Unlike in Kent, there is no minimum required in either VR or NVR. It is the total that matters so a pupil could be stellar in one area and a bit weaker in another and still get a qualifying score.
Thank you for explaining.

It sounds quite similar to the Wirral where I am from. The total mark is 280 however the pass mark is 236 from a combination of 2 papers x
Frbm

Post by Frbm »

Hi, my friend living in Sevenoaks got her daughter’s email, she’s in with 227. I’m in Bromley, didn’t get my email yet. Good look everyone!
jreugi

Post by jreugi »

DD didn't get Newstead with 224
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

jreugi wrote:DD didn't get Newstead with 224
Wow, that is a change from last year. Are you within the 9 mile catchment? It sounds like the number sitting has affected the offer day score but I am hopeful that with 224 your daughter might get an offer later on.
Vontrepsi

Post by Vontrepsi »

My DD got in with 226, so must be at or on the cut-off point. High scores needed this year it seems
Frbm

Post by Frbm »

And results are already available on e-admissions, both my girls got an offer, lowest score between the two was 225.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Congratulations to Frbm and Vontrepsi DDs. So we know that the cut off is either 225 or 224 (but not all) so it sounds like jreugi your DD on 224 shouldn't have a long wait.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now