does any one know the format for the lincolnshire schools

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shellie_eeyore

does any one know the format for the lincolnshire schools

Post by shellie_eeyore »

hi i know its late in the day but my son is due to sit the 11 plus on saturday at Kings school Grantham lincs there site says they do the nfer test i have spent the past few weeks working with him on the ********** website and with a book i brought (i couldnt get the nfer one as everywhere i tried was sold out) the site and book ive been using gives the 21 question types and multiple choice questions is this the right thing for our area? and if it is just the 15 question types can anyone give me a list of what those questions will be (type wise)
thanks in advance to anyone who answers a sressed mum !
i really thought id cracked it till someone said i was doing the wrong thing!!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Take a look at the "sticky" at the top of the Lincolnshire section.

Lincolnshire uses standard format tests rather than multiple choice - the questions are answered on the actual paper rather than on a separate answer sheet. This means that the timing is a bit different - for the VR there are 100 questions to complete in 50 minutes. If you have been practising the 21 types you will be on the right track - there are a couple of other type questions that sometimes come up - little 3x3 crossword grids where you have to fit words in correctly seems to be a favourite - but try to get hold of an NfER paper just so you can see what it looks like and be prepared.

The NVR has a different format from the published NfER tests (or at least it has done in the past two years) - instead of 5 lots of 12 questions with 6 minutes for each section there have been 4 sections with 16 or 17 questions to be completed in 8 minutes each. The format is standard type again - i.e. you ring the correct answer on the question sheet itself.

Hope this helps.
shellie_eeyore

Post by shellie_eeyore »

thanks for that
i did get some nfer test papers and we have done few pratice runs it will all be over this time tomorrow so cant wait! thanks again
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now