GRAMMAR NOT GRAMMER

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moose

GRAMMAR NOT GRAMMER

Post by moose »

I think it is time to say, without trying to point out at anyone, that GRAMMAR SCHOOL should be spelled GRAMMAR not GRAMMER. What's wrong with you parents ? Don't you know what school you want to send your children to? And I am a foreigner.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Moose,
Be careful - I got it in the neck for pointing this out a long time ago!
Zorro
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Must admit that really does annoy me too but then I hate apostrophes in the wrong place as well!

On my first day at Tunbridge Wells Girls' Grammar School we were drilled that it was Tunbridge Wells apostrophe after the s in girls grammar with two "a"s School! :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Chill out - people make spelling errors all of the time on here because they are too busy trying to get the content right - its not a spelling or intellectual competition!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

I have to agree with Tipsy. I would hate for somebody to be put off posting just because their spelling or grammar isn't the best. Anyone is entitled to help or advice regardless .... and quite honestly I am sure everybody knows what they mean, whether the word is spelt right or wrong!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I also agree with Tipsy here :o most people are worried or stressed and make mistakes - we're human after all :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Guest55 wrote:I also agree with Tipsy here :o most people are worried or stressed and make mistakes - we're human after all :lol:
:shock: Just picking myself off the floor! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Guess there is always an exception to every rule :lol:

Love you really Tipsy - how are your baby 'you know whats'?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Would you like to have one? :) One is not feeding and one as broken its spine but is feeding - you could give them a good home as you are very compassionate and care for the underdog - thats why you secretly like me :shock: cause, oh I mean BEcause, you know I am one of the great uneducated! :oops:

P.S. I mean that in a nice way.

:lol:
Sally-Anne

Re: GRAMMAR NOT GRAMMER

Post by Sally-Anne »

moose wrote:GRAMMAR SCHOOL should be spelled GRAMMAR not GRAMMER.
Time to come out of the closet and admit that Moose has highlighted the one single spelling error that I find really hard to take on this Forum!

I always try to tell myself that it is a typo, but when it appears in an otherwise flawless script, I have to do a lot of deep breathing before I reply!

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now