Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

twellsmum

Results

Post by twellsmum »

I know these are due out on 21 October but what happens exactly? Is that hte date they are posted so we have to wait for the postman to turn up on 22 October (in our case that will be awful as he generally wanders down the road about 11am!). For the last two years, all children at our school have been texted but of course that was to do with which school they got into too. I am not sure if the school did that or KCC. Has anyone been told what will happen or have you not dared to think that far ahead!
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Our school near Maidstone sent home a letter yesterday stating that because of the vagaries of postal delivery parents can come in (very briefly!) from 8.15 on the day (21st) for outcome and scores if required..

Sorry - letters posted 20th
wardie

Post by wardie »

The LEA informed me that the letter is sent out on the 20th Oct so we should receive it on 21st Oct.

As I understand it will only tell us if our child has passed and we have to ask school for scores.

Good Luck everyone. :)
One Down

Post by One Down »

I suppose none of your schools have arranged an inset day for the 21st? :evil: Looks like we'll be beating down the doors of KCC if the letter doesn't come - don't fancy our chances of getting anyone to answer the phone. Anyone else experienced that really unhelpful uninterested woman in Transport when you finally get through?
2stressed

Post by 2stressed »

Last year (well this year really!) they sent the letters out on 2nd March and we received them on 3rd March. I do not know anybody who did not get their letter on the 3rd. I think the posties were on special alert.

Most people from our school went to the post office at about 8.00 so the children would know their results before they went in.
2stressed

Post by 2stressed »

Also, last time the letter stated what school they had been given but no scores. However, because they haven't chosen schools yet the notification may be different.

The school gave us their standardised scores after school on 3rd. You can also get the raw scores from the KCC - I know these are not important but it is quite interesting to see what these scores actually translate to.
jnadams2

Post by jnadams2 »

That's interesting, didn't realize you could get the raw scores. How do you go about this??
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

An inset day on 21st?! Why have they done that? It is just before half term and right in the middle of the week. I sometimes think that these schools have absolutely no consideration at all for those poor unfortunates of us who actually have to go to work.

I wonder if they have done it so that they can spend some time with the parents who will come in to ask about appeals or whatever?

We have a parents' evening arranged for that evening but that is for the whole school.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

To get your raw scores, simply telephone KCC admissions - you may be able to email also, with your child's identity number. This should be on the letter you receive regarding their outcome. I found them extremely helpful. Another mother and I did it as we were simply curious as to what 140 actually can translate to. Also, both our sons had got exactly the same score in every paper - one being the eldest and the other being the youngest, so it was interesting to see how much leeway the youngest had gained. I remember on one paper, he had made a couple more mistakes and had only had a couple of extra points added, although will vary each year.
WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

We don't have an inset day on the 21st October but have a two week half term so finish school on the 17th!! Before we knew when the results were out, we booked a holiday for this week! We have also found out since that as we are just inside the Bromley borough, out SCAF form has to be in by 24th.

We will just have to submit our SCAF regardless of the 11+ results and our school have promised that they will be there answering the phone on the 21st to let us know the results and the scores so as to put us out of our misery! Hopefully we will at least get to enjoy the second part of our holiday! :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now