11+ Paper 26th Sept

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

11+ Paper 26th Sept

Post by Guest »

Would be interested to know how everyone got on with the first paper on Tuesday?

I have heard mixed reports - some saying it was tough going and they didn't finish and some finishing with time to spare!

What does everyone else think?
Chaz

Exam Warks 1

Post by Chaz »

Hi
I am not asking for secret info on the exam .... but, could you say what format the exam took, by your Son's reaction to it ?

In other words, how did it look or sound ...very much NFER-Nelson ?
or something else ?

I am having concerns about the simple, basic format of the actual paper.
Is it truly "standard" and does that mean "working out" space is simply restricted to the spaces around the question. Warks have said it's basically standard with some multiple choice arenas - which was too vague to grasp.

I guess I'm asking: "what commercially available[practice] paper does it most closely resemble in layout and page style ?" Again, I'm not after any hints on actual content.

Like many home tutors - the questions aren't a severe problem for my child - but the varying layouts and styles can eat up a few minutes of time [and every minute is valuable !] in a tense exam room.

Also - anything to add on the 'Writing/English' component ? Did it appear stresfull to accomplish in 30 mins ?

many thanks
Chaz
FlyaKite

Post by FlyaKite »

Mate...the word fising for information comes to mind.....
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Chaz

Unfortunately I am no expert on Warwickshire.c

Hopefully someone will reply to at a later stage.

Patricia
Saje

Post by Saje »

Hello Patricia, do you have any info regarding King Edward Grammar schools in B'ham, and the type of test format, examples, etc, etc. I would appreciate your input.

Many Thanks

Saje
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Saje

Unfortunately my area of knowledge is, in the main Buckinghamshire, post in the Birmingham section, further up the front page.

Patricia
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I wasn't fishing at all - just getting as much kosher help as is decent.

For example, ever had an "open book" exam ? I once had a law exam of that type - wish someone had simply told me: the desks are small & also take some multi-coloured PostIts !

I do not have the advantage of an independent Warks school behind me, or a private Tutor who is "in the know" eiter :-) Therefore tone, shape and general attitude of the exam paraphanelia is all good information for us panic merchants.

chaz
teacher

Recent exam

Post by teacher »

Don't panic is the first piece of advice! is your child taking the exam soon or are you thinking about taking it next year? Are you living in in Warwickshire or are you living in the catchment area?

Post by Guest »

Hi teacher

You seem to be quite clued up on the Warwickshire area. I have been told that you need to get a standardised score of at least 260 to get a place at the school of our choice - do you have any idea what this equates to as a raw score (approximately)?

Thank you

Lucky
teacher

scores

Post by teacher »

I usually say that children should aim for something in the 90% range!