YEAR 7 ,HENRY FLOYD,ROYAL LATIN,A.G.S & A.H.S.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

YEAR 7 ,HENRY FLOYD,ROYAL LATIN,A.G.S & A.H.S.

Post by Guest »

Hello,
Does any one know if Year 7 work tends to be easier in the above Schools?Does it get harder progressively?A friend's daughter started Henry Floyd in sept and says she finds the work really easy! she came from a private school and says she had done a lot of the work previously!
Would this be just Henry Floyd or has other parents of year 7 children in the other grammars found the academic side of things really easy?
Thanks.

Post by Guest »

My experience is that they want to let the children settle into the school, learn their way around, make friends etc before piling on academic pressure. Streaming etc will take place and the work will ramp up but it's not even half term yet!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Yes, its normal for some children to find things easy. The schools have taken children from a wide range of junior schools, all studying at different levels. The secondary school will take them back to basics, following a curriculum. They all have to start at the same level, as the above guest suggests, setting will come later.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

thank you quest and patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

About different levels in primary schools :

My son has started in a grammar where they did Maths tests to assess children starting level. At least half of the children were level 6, some high 6 but my son comes from a state primary that didn't teach further that level 5.