John Hampden Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Re: John Hampden Grammar school

Post by scary mum »

You would have to inform Slough of your new address. To be honest, it sounds like a very high risk strategy.
scary mum
Kamal.gulati1

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

Yes I agree, which is why moving to HW and stay there & try to find local non grammar school to make it straight forward. Just another question. You mentioned:

2022:
2nd round: some in priority area B & on distance
3rd round: sibling(s) and catchment to 0.050 miles

Is the 2nd round is 31st March one? And 3rd is actually second allocation (May one)?

3rd round you mentioned - catchment to 0.050 (is that for sibling or non one)? Were there nothing after that like in other rounds? Do we have info or we can ask Council?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The local authority will have information up to very recently - even if a school handles its own admissions now (I have no idea), it should be updating its maintaining LA with regard to applications and outcomes.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Kamal.gulati1 wrote:Yes I agree, which is why moving to HW and stay there & try to find local non grammar school to make it straight forward. Just another question. You mentioned:

2022:
2nd round: some in priority area B & on distance
3rd round: sibling(s) and catchment to 0.050 miles

Is the 2nd round is 31st March one? And 3rd is actually second allocation (May one)?

3rd round you mentioned - catchment to 0.050 (is that for sibling or non one)? Were there nothing after that like in other rounds? Do we have info or we can ask Council?
I'm away from my desk at the moment. I wouldn't scrutinies last year's figure too much. Each year is different, as you can see from 2021 & 2022.
I don't have details after round 3 but you could ask the council - with the same proviso.
They did it differently last year (no reallocation on 31 March). The second round was (?mid) April & the 3rd round (?mid) May..
It's hard to tell but certainly at least one sibling was admitted in the third round & one (or more) on distance.
scary mum
Kamal.gulati1

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

Thanks for that.
What about Burnham grammar in and after second allocation?
Kamal.gulati1

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

https://services.buckscc.gov.uk/school- ... ns/nearest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems above is the link to find out distance between school and address which bucks or school uses for allocation?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Did you put Burnham Grammar on the CAF? I'm away at the moment but will check the past stats next week.
scary mum
Kamal.gulati1

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

Yes, we put Burnham as first Priority. But we live 4.2 miles far from school. Seems not possible to get it though last year 2 kids from our street got it but that was last round when they go the call :)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Burnham Grammar:
2021 1st round: some under rule 7 (distance) to 2.452 miles
2021 2nd round: catchment to 0.227 miles (ie a late addition)
2021 3rd round: catchment t0 0.054 miles (another late addition)
2021 4th round: no information
2021 5th round: no offers.
In other words, a few people who moved into catchment got places, and probably people in categories lower than rule 7. The out of catchment distance didn't move from March 1st (unless it did in round 4, I don't have that information).
2022 1st round: some under rule 7 (distance) to 2.254 miles
2022 2nd round: some under rule 7 (distance) to 2.34 miles
2022 3rd round: catchment to 0.444 miles
I don't know what happened after May.
So again, not a great deal of change in terms of distance after round 1.

I would still think Burnham is your best bet, though. Safer than moving to High Wycombe, but of course it's all a risk, things are different every year.
scary mum
Exhausted

Post by Exhausted »

Hi Kamal,

Your DC would’ve started school by now, interested to know what decision you made in the end and how it worked out for you?

Thanks,