Good Luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Alex

Good Luck

Post by Alex »

Good Luck everyone for the NVR tomorrow and Monday!
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

I have to laugh!! We all say good luck to each other and forget the kids lol.

Seriously though as Alex said good luck to all your off spring who are facing the final hurdle over the next few days!

Now all awaits is the nerve wrecking countdown to result day. I believe they are released by the schools on the 21st October, so should be hitting the doormats on the 22nd?
spongemum

Post by spongemum »

We get our results 13/10. Last hurdle tomorrow -NVR!

Good luck to everyone :)
spongemum

Post by spongemum »

My DD just returned from NVR test at KGGS, very happy! She managed to finish and check all answers. Much better than last week :)

She said there were 5 sections of 16 questions?? I though it was only 4 sections, anybody know??

Hope all done well :)
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

My daughter just returned ***Edited by Moderator*** - shes not happy - felt she guessed about 10 and felt really low - she doesnt think she has done enough to pass - I feel really deflated for her now.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Ronnie

I am sorry to have edited your post, but it contained information that could give an advantage to any child sitting the test at a later date, for example, due to illness.

Please could everyone be aware of that issue and not post details of the test content.

Sally-Anne
spongemum

Post by spongemum »

I am with you on that feeling :cry: My daughter had the same experience but on the VR last week. Guessing 10, isn't too bad, mine left out 2 whole sections last week. My neighbours daugther missed out 12 and still passed. They were convinced she had failed. I hate all this guesswork, it drives me nuts.

Thanks for reply. I thought it was 4 sections.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Spongemum - have just taken out the quote bit of your post - just so as not to unfairly advantage the Monday and later takers by telling them what did and didn't come up.
spongemum

Post by spongemum »

Alex wrote:Spongemum - have just taken out the quote bit of your post - just so as not to unfairly advantage the Monday and later takers by telling them what did and didn't come up.
Sorry for that. I never even thought.

You are quite correct!
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Yep sorry from me as well!!
My stomach is still on the floor but speaking to my daughter a bit later on she said she felt NVR was hard and the thing that really upset her was that everyone else said it was easy. She got confused on the timing and rushed some questions. When we spoke further some questions that she had guessed were between 2 options so she had a 50/50 chance of getting them right - so it may not be as bad as she thought.
There is nothing to do but wait now - we get our results on 22 October - I have told myself that she has not passed and i am trying now to sell the other school to her, which will hopefully have their open evening soon.
We just feel a bit down as the practice papers we did at home she was getting really good results in and I feel that she put so much work into it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now