Quicker results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alex

Quicker results

Post by Alex »

Did everyone get told that the results will be out sooner than originally planned? We were told they would be posted on 13th October, so all the over-the-border people in neighbouring counties should now get the results before having to fill in the Common Application Form for secondary school - (but only just!)
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

Here in Skegness we have only been informed that the results are out in October. Then by looking at the booklet "Going to school in Lincolnshire!" we were all lead to believe the results would be issued on the 21st October thus hitting the doormats on the Wednesday the 22nd.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Skeggy,
You may not have been told because there would not be any cross-border candidates in your area.
When the LAs got together to decide a date for return of the Common Application Forms I believe 17th October was agreed, but subsequently the Lincs Grammar Schools Consortium informed the LA that the results could not be turned around in that timescale. Lincolnshire then changed its date to 31st October, but surrounding LAs could not/would not do this. This meant that Lincolnshire parents would know the 11+ results before submitting forms but Notts, NE lincs, Cambs, Peterborough etc would not. Anyway, it now appears that the results can and will be turned around more speedily and everyone will know sooner than was first anticipated.
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

Cheers Alex for clearing that up!
libs

results

Post by libs »

I am right in thinking that results can somehow be accessed via e-mail. I heard that the results would be on line from midnight Tuesday 21st Oct - and that you had to have a code for your own child. Is this just something I have imagined or some parallel universe - nobody else has heard of this!
Alex

Post by Alex »

It is the allocation of school on March 2nd which will be available online just after midnight if you choose to do an online application. I don't think the 11+ results have quite caught up with such technology!
libs

RESULTS...

Post by libs »

Quite reassuring that I hadn't completely made that up... still somewhat dazzed by the fact son sat through 50mins of flickering lights himself during nv this morning at Kings... reality of it has begun to hit home.
Still at least he told us and we hopefully can get it 'sorted'.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Apparently it is individual schools who are taking the initiative to get the results out early so there is no guarantee that this will be county-wide. This could leave some parents knowing their results over a week earlier than others!
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

I phoned Skegness Grammar School this afternoon they will release the results on the 21st October as originally planned.

So we can have a prolonged wait over some of you guys and gals lol.
adraini

Results

Post by adraini »

Bourne aren't releasing results until next week!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now