Results 2023 for 2024 entry to school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: Results 2023 for 2024 entry to school

Post by hermanmunster »

decision wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:44 pm DS scored 213 and was hoping for Vesey which is highly unlikely now. So very disappointed. We are in catchment for Aston ...would he have a chance ?

Also does anyone know if QM boys maybe an option?

Thank you in advance

Nervous mum!
Hi - have a look here https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers you can see that Aston has gone down to 213 in some years, even though you are in catchment for this purpose you would be cat 5, I know that the waiting lists also go down a bit further so that increases the chances, well worth putting the school down on the CAF
Ajy

Post by Ajy »

Anna12 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:57 pm Did thus email go out to everyone or theses students who met the qualifying score .
To be honest, i should have asked but they ended the call straight away. The way its worded, i would like to assume it would be for the ones with qualifying score. But maybe i am being too optimistic
Ajy

Post by Ajy »

Sorry that email was from QMHS
Bma

Post by Bma »

Qmhs have stated their lowest and highest scores. Do other schools do this too? (Will be looking for wghs) still waiting on score though 😫

https://qmhs.org.uk/year-7-admissions-s ... 024-entry/
Bma

Post by Bma »

Ajy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:46 pm Got this email from WgHs
You should have now received your daughter's result for the West Midlands Grammar School entrance test. I would like to say a huge congratulations for this achievement and you should be very proud of your daughter.

As you may be aware, we are holding a short open morning on Friday 27th October 2023, for students that have achieved above the Minimum Qualifying Score (MQS) to list us on their Local Authority Common Application Form (CAF). The morning will consist of a talk from the Associate Headteacher and a tour of the school. Please note that there are four sessions for this event:

So i have called them again and they have confirmed the results should be out this afternoon.
Fingers crossed
I’ve received this email too but from Qmhs? Dd sat test at wghs but nothing from there yet?
anjan

Post by anjan »

My son got 221 has sibling at Five Ways and we are inside the catchment. Not sure what is the possibility to get into Five Ways. Any leads very helpful.
Ajy

Post by Ajy »

So after all the confusion. I called QMHS about the email. They have confirmed that the results have been shared with them. Took the details and they told mr the score. She has scored 233. WGHS is our first preference. Any idea if thats sufficient
Happygolucky13

Post by Happygolucky13 »

decision wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:44 pm DS scored 213 and was hoping for Vesey which is highly unlikely now. So very disappointed. We are in catchment for Aston ...would he have a chance ?

Also does anyone know if QM boys maybe an option?

Thank you in advance

Nervous mum!
https://qmgs.walsall.sch.uk/september-2024/

You can see the standardised score to a median of 200 . Based on this any score above 222 will be considered for a place in QM boys.
RC11plus

Post by RC11plus »

For those looking at Walsall. Wolves and Wrekin:

The Walsall schools have posted equivalent scores, where the multiplier is approx. 1.5

So 200s score x 1.5 gives you a rough estimation of what your child would have scored in the 300s. Hopefully you can use this to see how well your DC has done compared to previous years

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by RC11plus on Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustOutside

Post by JustOutside »

anjan wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:19 pm My son got 221 has sibling at Five Ways and we are inside the catchment. Not sure what is the possibility to get into Five Ways. Any leads very helpful.
There is no sibling priority for Five Ways (other than if scores are tied within Cat 3, 4 or 5) and unfortunately your son missed the Priority score of 224. He is therefore in 'Category 5'. See admissions policy: https://view.publitas.com/king-edward-v ... icy/page/1

If you look on this page (https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers) you can see the category and score achieving the last place in the past three years. Last year the lowest scoring child in Cat 5 to achieve a place on offer day (1st March) scored 256 (there are usually not many Cat 5 places at Five Ways as lots of capable/tutored children living within the catchment area take the test.) The previous year, nobody in Cat 5 was offered a place on offer day. The year before that, the score was 244.

Further places will be offered with lower scores from the waiting list after 1st March, but Five Ways is a very popular school, and there are usually many children in Cat 5 with high scores, hoping for a place at Five Ways.

Of course, never say never, and your son achieved a good score that allows him to put Five Ways at the top of the CAF. You might need to be realistic about your chances though. Your son would have a good chance for a place at Handsworth Boys and Aston, if those might interest you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now