Bexpley - do were get seperate marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bigrob

Bexley - do were get seperate marks

Post by bigrob »

I was reading on the Bexley website that the marks are combined for the Maths and VR to give one score.

I want to know if we will see both the combined score and the individual scores as well. I really want to know what he gets in both exams irrespective of whether he passes or not.

The waiting is agony. 20 or 21 days to go (depending on whether the results arrive on the 16th or 17th.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Up until last year the scores of the 4 papers were listed seperately then totalled to give a score at the end. This means you can see where the strengths and weakenesses were.
picardygirl

Post by picardygirl »

Bigrob - 20-21 days surely is easy, after all the years, parents have had to wait til March the following year! Saying the following year makes it feel so much longer!!!!!!

A
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Will they say whether children have scored in the top 180? It would make it easier to choose schools if we knew.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Last year the letter gave a child's scores, whether or not they were deemed selective and whether or not they were in the top 180.

But I'm not sure how that would help you choose schools in Bexley?
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

No 20-21 days isn't really too long in the grand scheme of things. Just need to get it out of my mind. What will be will be.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

We live in Greenwich - if he doesn't score top 180 we are unlikely to get our first choice (which is Beths) because we live too far away ( although some years we would make it) In which case we may look at Wilmington Grammar (which the school have told us we would get in to). We may also try for St olaves, whereas if we know he scored in the top 180 we may give that a miss.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

For some people, finding their son was in the top 180 would prompt them to give St Olave's a go - but I'm not one of them!

What about Chis and Sids or Bexley Grammar? Are you any closer to them?
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

2childmum. I am confused.

If you are in Greenwich surely Beths is closer than Wilmington. Surely to get in to Wilmington your DS needs to have passed the Kent 11+
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

We are closer to Chis and Sid but I have to say I didn't like it and neither did my husband. I know the head is moving so it may all change.
Bexley Grammar is now probably too far away as it changed it's intake number - I like it but DS is very into technology and it feels like more of an Arts school - but if anyone knows differently please let me know!

I'm not at all sure about St Olave's, and the journey would be difficult but DS is very keen to try. He hasn't been tutored and I don't think there is much time left to work on stuff for it. I think if he did score in the top 180 DS would be more than happy to go to Beths ( and I would be happy too) - it would mean he wouldn't have to do any more extra work for St Olave's test.

Having said all that, I honestly don't think he will make the top 180, so I don't know why I'm worrying about it really. Just be happy if he passes!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now