Moving to Buckinghamshire before 31 October

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ann123

Moving to Buckinghamshire before 31 October

Post by Ann123 »

Hi,

We have moved to Buckinghamshire council on 15 October 2023. We need to complete the school application before 31 October. Most schools require you to live within the catchment from 1 September and some from 1 April. We wish to add Dr Challenor’s Grammar School as our first preference and Chesham Grammar School as second choice.

My question is, does the catchment rule (1st September, 1st April) still apply to second and third allocations?

Thank you in advance.
hermanmunster

Re: Moving to Buckinghamshire before 31 October

Post by hermanmunster »

Ann123 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:02 am Hi,

We have moved to Buckinghamshire council on 15 October 2023. We need to complete the school application before 31 October. Most schools require you to live within the catchment from 1 September and some from 1 April. We wish to add Dr Challenor’s Grammar School as our first preference and Chesham Grammar School as second choice.

My question is, does the catchment rule (1st September, 1st April) still apply to second and third allocations?

Thank you in advance.
my understanding from previous years is that it applies to the second and subsequent rounds, however not sure there are many places left at that stage I am not sure - the data is around, I think Scary Mum may be able to tell you. What I would say is that for some of the schools huge numbers who have passed the test move into the area with a view to being on later rounds but there is no way that they can all get places.

ETA found some info on Bucks site which may help https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/scho ... on-rounds/
Ann123

Post by Ann123 »

hermanmunster wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:37 am
Ann123 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:02 am Hi,

Thank you in advance.
my understanding from previous years is that it applies to the second and subsequent rounds, however not sure there are many places left at that stage I am not sure - the data is around, I think Scary Mum may be able to tell you. What I would say is that for some of the schools huge numbers who have passed the test move into the area with a view to being on later rounds but there is no way that they can all get places.

ETA found some info on Bucks site which may help https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/scho ... on-rounds/
Thank you hermanmunster, we are not sure. We even asked the admissions office and were advised to check the admissions policy and FAQS. But we couldn’t find enough information.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If you have moved after the deadline you application will only be considered in later rounds, by which time there may be no places left. There is some information about dates here
And information about evidence required here
scary mum
Ann123

Post by Ann123 »

scary mum wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:25 pm If you have moved after the deadline you application will only be considered in later rounds, by which time there may be no places left. There is some information about dates here
And information about evidence required here
Thank you for the information.