Area in Coventry with overlapping southern and eastern priority circle

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ConfusedMum2023

Area in Coventry with overlapping southern and eastern priority circle

Post by ConfusedMum2023 »

Hi,

There is an overlapping Southern and Eastern priority circle in Coventry (according to the map from Warwickshire council), if you live in that area how are places for grammar school allocated ? Just keen to find out for DD. Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Area in Coventry with overlapping southern and eastern priority circle

Post by hermanmunster »

ConfusedMum2023 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:26 am Hi,

There is an overlapping Southern and Eastern priority circle in Coventry (according to the map from Warwickshire council), if you live in that area how are places for grammar school allocated ? Just keen to find out for DD. Thanks
The map here? https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/mapgrammarschools

The allocation would depend on which schools you put on the CAF - if you were eligible for all of them and put Stratford above Rugby you you would get Stratford - and vice versa if you put Rugby above Stratford
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Was going to say, please think about how realistic it would be for your DC actually to get to each of the schools which would theoretially be within your grasp, so to speak, but I see from your 'Coventry to Stratford Girls' thread that you are already thinking about transport :) . People tend to overlook the 'just because I can (apply for any school that I like), doesn't mean that I should' mantra when it comes to - especially grammar - school applications, bearing in mind that how a pupil gets to school is in most circumstances, primarily the parents' responsibility.

My DC has been allocated a school which I applied for and this is an appalling act on the part of my LA because it's going to take them 2 hours to get there is often a bit of a 'thing' in the early days of March each year :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ConfusedMum2023

Thank you for your replies. I think our score is good enough for both schools, but was wondering how things work when you are in an overlapping area.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ConfusedMum2023 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:29 pm Thank you for your replies. I think our score is good enough for both schools, but was wondering how things work when you are in an overlapping area.

Being in the overlapping area makes no difference other than the fact that you have 2 chances - as I explained It depends what order you put the schools in - did you put SGHS first?

The AQS for SGHS was 224 last year and RHS was 211 if you have > 224 or whatever the AQS is this year then it comes down to which was your top school on your CAF list
ConfusedMum2023

Yes Hermanmunster, our score is above 235.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ConfusedMum2023 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:12 pm Yes Hermanmunster, our score is above 235.
then if you are in the priority area you will get whichever school you put highest on the CAF (presuming it was one of the GS)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now