First week at QE

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jazbaati99

Re: First week at QE

Post by jazbaati99 »

Not going to continue on this topic of QE cull and get another thread locked :) suffice to say that I am a QE parent who does not have any issue with the 6th form selection process.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

jazbaati99 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:23 am Not going to continue on this topic of QE cull and get another thread locked :)
+1

But I think there are a few people who have posted here over the years who should be suing ChatGPT for copyright :!:
sonu17

Post by sonu17 »

Ann.kumar wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:40 am What is the primary objective of having the unique internal evaluation process at sixth form? Sounds to me a QA control process to its league table position than overall benifit to the students.
The "internal evaluation process" has its critics but as a QE parent which option would you prefer for Sixth Form progression (not that the school is offering you a choice anyway!):

Option 1. A multi-year, clearly laid out objective criteria that encourages & rewards students for consistent performances via sitting a larger number of harder internal tests but lets the student see his corrected answer sheets, discuss them with teachers and correct those mistakes before the next test, while building core subject competence and working towards meeting a specific target for each subject.

Option 2. A one-off easier public exam but where nerves or illnesses could play a major part and prone to the occassional setting and marking error, while having no visibility (unless challenged) of how your answers were marked or marks were allocated.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

This thread appears to have veered off topic. Please stick to the original topic. There are plenty of old threads about QE 6th form entry criteria.
Thank you
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now