Ray123

Re: KES or KEHS interviews started?

Post by Ray123 »

How do u know it’s borderline interview
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Ray123 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:03 pm How do u know it’s borderline interview
unless they tell parents then no-one knows, I don't think you can tell much from the timing of these events
Ray123

Post by Ray123 »

My son did the interview today but we had no clue about it even after he finished the interview. Just waiting now patiently
Sangra

Post by Sangra »

Ray123 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:11 pm My son did the interview today but we had no clue about it even after he finished the interview. Just waiting now patiently
No clue?
They did not mention anything while arranging? Bursary/ scholarship/ full fee affordability etc. Did you tick full fee as well, not sure if anyone from that aspect been invited.
I know assisted places and scholarship interviews are definitely going on.
Ray123

Post by Ray123 »

Not at all they didn’t mention
We ticked full fee paying
That’s why we are confused
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Sangra wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:50 pm
Ray123 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:11 pm My son did the interview today but we had no clue about it even after he finished the interview. Just waiting now patiently
No clue?
They did not mention anything while arranging? Bursary/ scholarship/ full fee affordability etc. Did you tick full fee as well, not sure if anyone from that aspect been invited.
if they haven't told them then they can't know @Sangra

Who knows - years back KE used to be very mysterious about who they interviewed - some borderline, some assisted, some scholarships, some full fee - though not all in each category by any means.

Suspect they are carefully checking the financials of those wanting assisted places too - they won't offer a FF place if they feel that the parents can't afford it
Sangra

Post by Sangra »

hermanmunster wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:19 pm
Sangra wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:50 pm
No clue?
if they haven't told them then they can't know @Sangra

Who knows - years back KE used to be very mysterious about who they interviewed - some borderline, some assisted, some scholarships, some full fee - though not all in each category by any means.

Suspect they are carefully checking the financials of those wanting assisted places too - they won't offer a FF place if they feel that the parents can't afford it
Thanks. If they have been mysterious to even hint the reason for interview, obviously they will have no clue then. I was expecting, at least, a kind of hint about the relevancy.
Anyhow, good to know at least they have an interview. I ticked full fee as well and it seems probably No.will be clear in few days. Even for No, hopefully they will send a letter.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

suspect the only people who really get a hint are ones looking for an assisted place when there is much more detailed information and also possibly discussions for the parents with the bursar / financial team.

plenty get full fee places without interview
Sangra

Post by Sangra »

Thanks again.
Encouraging indeed :)
aug78

Post by aug78 »

I think it's fair to say by now, if you've ticked full fee paying, then it's not for assisted places, which leaves scholarship or borderline.

From what we generally understand, scholarships were invited in October. This would generally leave borderline interviews.

I spoke to one of the parents at school where their son had an interview on Saturday - he ticked full fee paying also. The father mentioned in passing they were hopeful but surprised their son received an invite for interview as their son was not in the top group in either maths or english at their present school.

If KES operate logically, borderline interviews would understandably take place after they know the numbers remaining to consider under that route.

Anyway, the results should be out by end of next week, if previous years are to go by.