Slough Grammar Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Superstar

Slough Grammar Schools

Post by Superstar »

I plan to look around the schools and get a feel for which we like most and which is most suited to DS. However, is there one that is considered the best/ not as good? Is there one in particular which has the best results? Are they all high pressure or some less than others?

Thank you
Aethel

Re: Slough Grammar Schools

Post by Aethel »

Um, this js a bit confusing as you put on the Bucks board
that you are in cachement B for John Hampden and are awaiting an offfer on March 1st…

So if your CAF has gone in already, where have you put the schools in placing? Did your DC pass Slough as well as Bucks, and what order did you rank the schools?

because that’s probably more important than what others’ experiences of the schools are: it’s too late if you’ve already put the CAF in.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Aethel wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:14 pm Um, this js a bit confusing as you put on the Bucks board
that you are in cachement B for John Hampden and are awaiting an offfer on March 1st…
I don't think they have applied this year Aethel. Superstar please could you confirm?
mad?
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

ah, sorry, that makes more sense. The wording on the other thread made me think Superstar has a year 6 DC, has applied, and is awaiting their DC’s place allocation on March 1st

Can you confirm that, Superstar? What year is your DC in at the moment?
Superstar

Post by Superstar »

Hello, I will be applying this October, but just trying to plan ahead as this is all new. Thank you
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Superstar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:25 pm Hello, I will be applying this October, but just trying to plan ahead as this is all new. Thank you

That is v good - well worth looking at all the options and seeing what is required at this stage
mad?

Post by mad? »

Thanks for clarifying Superstar and good luck!
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

To answer your original question, all the Slough grammar schools are good. They will wax & wane in popularity but I imagine the most important thing will be for you to see how you find them when you look round.
scary mum
Superstar

Post by Superstar »

Thank you very much all
Vats1234

Post by Vats1234 »

Hi … I am new to this form. Please can someone guide me regarding Slough grammar school allocation. My dd is in y4 , sitting in next year exam. We are living in Binfield but planning to move Maidenhead or Datchet by end of this year. If someone please guide where the high chances to get if my dd clear the exam. And if someone can suggest other out of catchment area for Hershel and Upton court.
Thanks for your time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now