Borlase/ John Hampden

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Superstar

Borlase/ John Hampden

Post by Superstar »

Hello, I am slightly OOC for SWBGS and in catchment B for JH. If we do not get offered a place for either on National Offer Day, could we then move closer and still be offered a place before September? Or do you have to be living in that house before you apply? Thank you.
hermanmunster

Re: Borlase/ John Hampden

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi and welcome to the forum

Each year quite a few people move nearer to schools (especially in Bucks) either after the CAF is submitted or after NAD. They become eligible to be considered in subsequent allocations round - HOWEVER - places are often very limited and even if you have taken the risk and moved, you may not get a place. Somewhere we have the data from previous years allocation rounds which may show you what has happened in previous years

PS worth reading this page about further allocation rounds and the dates by which you have to give evidence of address https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/scho ... on-rounds/
Superstar

Post by Superstar »

Thank you so much.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I don't believe SWBGS has gone out of catchment in recent years. The allocation profiles are on the Buckinghamshire council website, or links are at the top of the 2023 allocation thread on this forum.
Are you near Burnham Grammar if you are applying for Slough schools?
Edited to add: Last year's March 1st allocations. The Borlase allocations (after pupil premium etc) went to a bit over 3 miles from the school (in catchment). This is consistent with other years. Of course there's no harm in putting it on your list - things do change from year to year & having it on the CAF allows you to appeal. Just be realistic about your chances!
scary mum
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Hi. where’s your backup secondary?
What have you out on your CAF (and what would your backup be if you moved into cachement but still couldn’t get a place?)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think they are applying next year, Aethel.
scary mum
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

ah, sorry, that makes more sense. The wording made me think Superstar has a year 6 DC, has applied, and is awaiting their DC’s place allocation on March 1st

Can you confirm that, Superstar? What year is your DC in at the moment?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Aethel wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:55 pm ah, sorry, that makes more sense. The wording made me think Superstar has a year 6 DC, has applied, and is awaiting their DC’s place allocation on March 1st

Can you confirm that, Superstar? What year is your DC in at the moment?

Looking at their other threads they are planning ahead for next year
Superstar

Post by Superstar »

Thank you for your replies, we will be applying later this year. The comp schools we are in catchment for are not great.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Did you see my post above with the link to the previous allocations? Are you near enough to Burnham Grammar?
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now