LATYMER UPPER BURSERY REVOKED?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hbsbarnet

LATYMER UPPER BURSERY REVOKED?

Post by Hbsbarnet »

Has anyone had this before please.
I am worried that if I accept Latymer Upper place this year, they might reduce the bursery next year that will force me to take my child our of LU. At the moment , she might get HBS and will 100% get upton court school.

We will go 100% HBS if we get it as it's got better results and we don't have to worry about finances.

Has anyone had LU bursery reduced in past please??
mad?

Re: LATYMER UPPER BURSERY REVOKED?

Post by mad? »

If you are in any way worried about finances I would recommend gong for a free school that is an easy journey for your DC - presumably Upton OR HBS is one of these. Latymer Upper has a very generous bursary scheme and I have never heard of it being revoked, but would imagine (indeed would hope) that if your financial circumstances changed for the better and DC no longer qualified as a result then you would be expected to pay fees, as other parents in similar financial situations do.
mad?
Hbsbarnet

Post by Hbsbarnet »

mad? wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:29 pm If you are in any way worried about finances I would recommend gong for a free school that is an easy journey for your DC - presumably Upton OR HBS is one of these. Latymer Upper has a very generous bursary scheme and I have never heard of it being revoked, but would imagine (indeed would hope) that if your financial circumstances changed for the better and DC no longer qualified as a result then you would be expected to pay fees, as other parents in similar financial situations do.
Thanks.
Of course we would contribute more if we can as our circumstances change. I was more worried about them reducing it if they haven't got enough money and say NO as it's 7 years of commitment
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I would imagine the contract with them should make the terms of the bursary clear. Has this been sent to you?
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

It will be in the bursary paperwork - I would imagine that most schools (if they had financial problems) would do their very best to enable existing pupils to continue with their bursaries at the cost of reducing the number awarded to incomers.

https://www.latymer-upper.org/admission ... formation/
mad?

Post by mad? »

Hbsbarnet wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:56 am Thanks.
Of course we would contribute more if we can as our circumstances change. I was more worried about them reducing it if they haven't got enough money and say NO as it's 7 years of commitment
I wouldn't worry about that - the school has a huge, successful and on going fundraising campaign, deep coffers and fee paying parents also contribute a portion for their fees. I am aware that they are very conservative in the amount of bursaries they extend and their financial viability - ie do not gamble on future incomes etc. If you have a look at the foundation pages of their website this will show you more about this (although not of course the precise details). It is a great school if easy for you to get to.
mad?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now