What happens on 1st March?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hopefuldadlondon

What happens on 1st March?

Post by Hopefuldadlondon »

Hi all, I am sure we are all holding our breath for the outcome on this Friday. I wonder any parent has any experience from the past, what actually happens on 1st. I know if you get your first choice then, that's the end of it. However if you do not get your first choice, what happens as I am not sure who will notify the parents if their child is on waiting list? Is it School or the Council. If you do not get in more than one preferred choice school, will they put you on waiting list of both school? Will it be for every child sat in exams or only higher up on the list, the ones likely to gain offer at some point in future? Thank you!
Last edited by Hopefuldadlondon on Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum

Re: What happens on 1st March?

Post by scary mum »

I see you have posted in several areas, presumably you have applied to schools in all of those areas?
What is important is where you live. Which council did you apply through? The procedure will vary slightly from area to area, however, your offer letter should contain details. It will almost certainly be detailed on your LEA website or the school websites as well.
I will lock whichever threads don't apply to your local area, to prevent duplication
scary mum
Hopefuldadlondon

Many thanks for the insight. I have posted in Barnet, Sutton and Kent, with the same order of preference on CAF.

We live in Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and we are out of catchment in every school we applied for. My daughter has performed fairly good but being OOC it is giving me nightmares.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Sounds like there isn't a specific section for your LEA so suggest we leave this one open and lock the rest
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It will still depend on what your local authority's procedures are, as that is who you applied through, so check in their website for details. I think for London it's a London-wide system, but I'm not sure.
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

This is from K&C website
Waiting lists
Your child’s name will automatically be added to the
waiting list for any Kensington and Chelsea schools
that could not be offered. Any schools you named as a
lower preference than the school offered to your child
would have been withdrawn under the co-ordinated
arrangements. You will need to re-apply to these schools
if you want your child to be included on a waiting list.
If you have not been offered a place at a school in another
borough and require waiting list information, you will
need to contact the school or the borough that maintains
the school.
Hopefuldadlondon

Thank you very much indeed for this. This forum is an absolute pleasure to be part of.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now