Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Blitz

Colchester High School for Girls Introduce a Priority Area

Post by Blitz »

https://www.cchsg.com/wp-content/upload ... _25-26.pdf

PAN:192 for 2025 entry
In catchment places: 154 (within a 25 mile radius)
Out of catchment places: 38 (living outside the 25 mile radius)
ToadMum

Re: Colchester High School for Girls Introduce a Priority Area

Post by ToadMum »

Will be interesting to see whether CRGS goes the same way - I cant see it on the website at the moment, but they need to get their 2025/26 policy up in the next couple of days.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Humdinger

Post by Humdinger »

Interesting, thanks for posting. The priority area is quite large (25mi - twice the size of the Chelmsford grammars' priority areas if I’m not mistaken). I wonder how much of an effect this will really have on admissions.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Humdinger wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:07 pm Interesting, thanks for posting. The priority area is quite large (25mi - twice the size of the Chelmsford grammars' priority areas if I’m not mistaken). I wonder how much of an effect this will really have on admissions.
For reference, some of the places people ask about coach services from on here most years (in the London direction) are nearly twice as far from CCHSG/ CRGS. But apparently, there is one provider which can do it in an hour, and never, ever, has any issues with the A12 or Lexden Road etc.

(Um, anyone else here get the Essex traffic announcements on the radio...?).
Last edited by ToadMum on Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Humdinger

Post by Humdinger »

It will affect the number of children coming to CCHSG from the east London area, you’re right. Also will limit those who apply planning to move closer. I suppose in the case of borderline scores (our child had one!) it gives preference to local children, which seems right.
Humdinger

Post by Humdinger »

ToadMum wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:39 pm Will be interesting to see whether CRGS goes the same way - I cant see it on the website at the moment, but they need to get their 2025/26 policy up in the next couple of days.
CRGS has just published its admissions policy for 2025/2026 entry and there’s no priority area.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now