2 OCTOBER - TEST 1 - PARENTS FEEDBACK ONLY!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ambridge

2 OCTOBER - TEST 1 - PARENTS FEEDBACK ONLY!

Post by Ambridge »

It's 8.05 and DD has gone off to school - I can't believe we all treated it like a normal morning.....I had butterflies and was dreading her taking a turn for the worse, but none of it, I still shouted at her to hurry up, turn the tv off, pack her school bag and she bounced around talking about boys and Strictly Come Dancing (doesn't everyone have to analyse the programme daily?).

She just gave me a big hug and said 'I might be getting butterflies, do you think I will be ok' and I said 'You can do it'. DS gave her a hug and said 'of course you can do it'.

So this big dramatic scenario DH and I had built up in our heads where she was upset etc. didn't happen at all :roll:

Think I might have to go shopping to get over this one, well, it's only right if you are not feeling happy isn't it???

Good luck to them all and hope you survive the day with me. Will be checking in.

Ambridge x
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

to all!!!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you BW!

All is quite well here too, Ambridge. He went off looking pretty happy (it must have been the banana effect :D ) and although he had a couple of serious moments, I think he is set fair.

9.09 - they're in there now ... :shock:

I think next week will be easier to cope with now this is behind us.

S-A
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have just noticed ...

BW, my beloved fellow Mod, you saved your 1000th post for us poor things on Bucks!

Many congratulations on the milestone. Or is that millstone? :D

Sally-Anne
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Thank you BW, you are very kind, and we all need all the good luck we can muster.

Really anxious now, MILLSTONE - a compound word - haven't mentioned this one, DD starts her exam at 9.30 so don't suppose I have enough time to call the school.....

I must be in the running for the prize for most neurotic Buck mum? 8)

Ambridge x
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Ambridge, I'll give you a close run for your money for that award....

I can't believe they will now be doing the test after all these months of talk. The day has finally arrived. My DS was quiet this morning (totally unlike him) and looked white when he saw some of the girls crying in the playground. He went up to them with a goofy grin and they were soon all running around together.

Can't wait to give him a cuddle tonight.
newgirl

Post by newgirl »

do they all take the test at the same time? I didn't even ask my child and now will spend the whole day wondering?!
Greta2

Post by Greta2 »

I think that most schools do the test first thing so probably start by 9:30.

DS2’s nerves really hit last night and we had the tears at bed time, with him saying “I know you will tell my to just do my best and you love me whatever but I really want to pass thisâ€
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hello everyone, it's me

Copied and pasted this as put it on other topic. I was wondering where you all were.

Thank you to all those who have popped over to wish us luck it is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry I wasn't around last night but selfishly decided I had to stay away for fear of becoming too emotional which I didn't want to be around dd on the eve of the 'T'. Instead we did have a very relaxing evening. I cooked nourishing dinner, dd's favourite(well spag bol is really but couldn't do pasta) sausage and mash. DD spent some time with George and Monty and then whilst bathing in very, very bubbly bath we practised some vocab.

DD had been a little quiet after school but best friend had been saying at school how scared she was so may have impacted dd. However after bubble bath followed by Corry(another fav) she seemed back to herself. Hot choc and marshmellows was next and then I read some of 'The Enchanted wood' which seemd to do the trick as she went out like alight soon after.

My god I am waffling aren't I??

I guess I am trying to keep myself from thinking and worrying. She did go off this morning without any tears(I expected some with nerves) and although she was nervious I think she was trying her best to stay calm. Unlike dm who burst into tears as soon as she had left!!!

Anyway I hope all your dc went off this morning well and I hope you are all coping. Fortunately although I can't concentrate on work I am here so have some form of distration. I had thought of taking day off but may have been tempted into wine and chocolate so instead I plan on passing by here at times, often, constantly.

Oh dear do you think they will have done it by now or are they doint it

DD thought it would be before break

is anyone around

Mel

PS

Its not just me then who walks round noticing compound words then!!
andyb

Post by andyb »

Well he's home - a bit subdued but that could well be his "normal" laid back attitude and I'm reading too much into it.

I saw him in school at lunchtime and was greeted with a big smile and a hug (in front of his mates :shock: ). He hasn't said anything about the test apart from he finished and checked his work :D and that his best friend "knew" he would pass because he'd seen half the questions already during his tutoring sessions :(

At some point over the weekend we will go over which types came up and which ones will be on the next paper but for now we shall chill :wink: