Newstead Wood offers 2024

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Aestor23

Re: Newstead Wood offers 2024

Post by Aestor23 »

Congratulations to the girls that were offered places!

I have just heard from the school that my daughter is 17th now, she started at 24th, so the list has only moved 2 more spaces.
rchandol

Post by rchandol »

Does anybody had any update on the wait lisr from last month
?
Heidi80

Post by Heidi80 »

Unfortunately it hasn't moved since the last update. Still only 7 spaces.
Just123

Post by Just123 »

It moved one more place and my daughter is WL position 5 as of 7th of June. What are the chances of WL moving from this date on? I can see on NW website that "Parent Welcome Evening" is this Thursday with the "Year 6 Transition Day" to follow on 9th of July. Can we expect any more movement or that`s about it? My daughter is so hopeful that she will be going to NW and it breaks my heart to see that may not be possible.

Post by 121 »

There are girls who appear at the beginning of Year 7 that are not known to the other girls in their class because they did not turn up to the transition day due to not yet having been made an offer. The girls who accompany the parents evening will meet other girls in their class on that evening and we found it was an opportunity to setup WhatsApp groups for the parents. The girls do their own similar thing on transition day as they get to know their classmates better.

Although it is no guarantee of a place, the admissions process does continue right up to the beginning of term so you never know!
Just123

Post by Just123 »

121 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:48 am There are girls who appear at the beginning of Year 7 that are not known to the other girls in their class because they did not turn up to the transition day due to not yet having been made an offer. The girls who accompany the parents evening will meet other girls in their class on that evening and we found it was an opportunity to setup WhatsApp groups for the parents. The girls do their own similar thing on transition day as they get to know their classmates better.

Although it is no guarantee of a place, the admissions process does continue right up to the beginning of term so you never know!
Thank you. The whole experience is quite stressful!
osprey

Post by osprey »

Yes. The Welcome Evening was a nice touch but I wouldn't say it was essential. In fact, some girls missed it due to other commitments. Similarly, come September last year, new starters were arriving from TOGS, Townley, etc up until early October. They seemed to have settled in though fine. The entirety of the first term and much of the second term is a bit of merry-go-round in terms of settling in and establishing friendships. It only seems that from this term things seem a bit more settled. So, starting 2 or 3 weeks late is not the end of the world provided your child is quite keen on that option. If they are happy though where they are at that juncture, it could be different!
BromleyOne

Post by BromleyOne »

Girls are not invited to this year's New Parents Evening so any waitlisted girls will only miss out when it comes to the Induction day in July
Just123

Post by Just123 »

Thank you Ladies for all replies! Fingers crossed WL moves fast going forward.
BromleyMum_12

Post by BromleyMum_12 »

Just123 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:20 am It moved one more place and my daughter is WL position 5 as of 7th of June. What are the chances of WL moving from this date on? I can see on NW website that "Parent Welcome Evening" is this Thursday with the "Year 6 Transition Day" to follow on 9th of July. Can we expect any more movement or that`s about it? My daughter is so hopeful that she will be going to NW and it breaks my heart to see that may not be possible.
We had given up and started embracing the current situation. But I am quite surprised that WL position moved one more place. Let’s see what’s in store. I am sure there will be better plans for every hardworking child that we cannot oversee now. All the best to us