Eleven Plus Exams has won the People's Choice for Tuition Partner award at the 2024 National Tutoring Awards. We wish to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who voted for us and we are delighted that winning this award will help us to support more students to achieve their highest potential in the selective school examination process. Read more.

A Levels 2024

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PerpetualStudent

A Levels 2024

Post by PerpetualStudent »

So, anyone else here about to go/going through the A Level exam season?

DD had to take several months out of year 12 due to ill health, repeated the year and is now, finally, entering the last stretch of A Levels. She has also just been diagnosed with ADHD. So she’s pretty fed up with all things school and exams.

How best to keep her engaged and thinking positively? She has a gap year ahead and no set plans for university.

Cheers
PS
scary mum

Re: A Levels 2024

Post by scary mum »

All this is behind us but I wanted to wish your DD well. My DD also had a few months out in 6th form - in year 13 & then restarted year 13 elsewhere. It all worked out in the end!
scary mum
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

We’re doing this with DD1. She has her own health issues (ongoing) but hopefully her exams will go smoothly enough for her to meet her uni offer.

She’s done A levels with coursework options which has helped to spread out the workload so hopefully that will help too (Drama/Media Studies/Computer science/EPQ).

Buckle up….!
PerpetualStudent

scary mum wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:23 pm All this is behind us but I wanted to wish your DD well. My DD also had a few months out in 6th form - in year 13 & then restarted year 13 elsewhere. It all worked out in the end!
Thanks scary mum! I’m using « it will all work out in the end » as a mantra at the moment ! :lol:

Good luck to your DD1 Aethel. DD also had some coursework for two A Levels. Frankly the whole process was excruciating but now it’s done I’m grateful she has something in the bag. The Drama coursework was excessively stressful we found but that was mostly down to the idiosyncrasies of the teacher.

DD’s two worst exams are behind her. She was inconsolable the night before the first but came out of the exam quite relieved. I think she had convinced herself she would be unable to do anything at all.

Oh, and we started on a new, higher dose of ADHD med the week before DD’s first exam. Seemed to help - better late than never!

All the best
PS

edited to add re medication
PerpetualStudent

:D DD has finished her last exam this afternoon. What a relief!

Is your DD1 out the other side of her exams now Aethel?
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

yep, finished yesterday!

We are out at a grad show exhibition at her to-be-uni (results permitting!) Lots of exciting stuff (creative arts uni)

Great relief to have it all done…. for child no 1 at least!
PerpetualStudent

Congrats Aethel and to your DD!

So exciting to be at the exhibition and planning for what might be. Have a fabulous summer.

Cheers,
PS
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

and you! Here’s to a decent break before results day :D
Mock around the clock - £15 off your first mock exam