We have been shortlisted for the National Tutoring Awards 2024! If Eleven Plus Exams has helped you, we would like to ask for your support, by voting for us in the People’s Choice Awards.

2024 Glos appeals moral support thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Take stock, book a mock
ToadMum

Re: 2024 Glos appeals moral support thread

Post by ToadMum »

icantthinkofagoodone wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:44 pm
icantthinkofagoodone wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:51 am Just a little word of caution about commenting on the allocated school - you are appealing FOR a school, not AGAINST the allocated one - also for all you know someone on the panel may have connections to the allocated one
That was what I was alluding to - not very clearly! The panel may not read reams of information about your allocated school because it isn't relevant...
(Sadly for them) the panel do have to read through everything presented...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Billyboyrum

Post by Billyboyrum »

Our appeal was done the second day, so it's been a long wait for us already! We were told we'll know by 6th june. I'm trying so hard to tell myself we have no chance, but then secretly hope we do. Our daughter qualified for Ribston and Denmark Road, but girls school just wouldn't have been appropriate for her, she struggles with the company of only girls. That, and anxiety on the day because she has 2 brothers that have gone to crypt, were our reasons for appeal. I don't think they were strong enough really, but I can hope 😔
Outofmydepth

Post by Outofmydepth »

Thanks for the tips and reassurance all!

Crossing fingers you hear soon billyboyrum and that it’s good news.
Chicho

Post by Chicho »

Does anyone know the last qualifying rank for Denmark Road for the Sept 24 entry
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Has anyone heard anything?

Chicho, that information is usually in the email you get with the result of the test. Just be aware that with the change to the admissions policy those numbers are not going to be so useful. I think for most of the Gloucestershire grammars you want to be in the top 30% of those that request to share. Just remember that the cohort isn't really comparable to their current class or the cohort that sit a particular mock.
Outofmydepth

Post by Outofmydepth »

From the allocations thread it looks like Crypt have finished their appeal process and released the results. 12 were allowed based on that.

I had my appeal for Ribston on Monday just gone and they said their last appeal would be on Monday 10 June so will probably hear towards the end of next week.

No idea how it went to be honest. I got teary a couple of times but managed to say everything I wanted to say so feel that I advocated for the sprog as best I could. Massive well done to everyone else doing an appeal - not an easy experience at all.
Outofmydepth

Post by Outofmydepth »

My appeal was refused - devastated but pragmatic. Disappointed that the reason they’ve given is that she didn’t meet the required academic standard when she did in fact receive a qualifying rank but it is what it is.

Hoping for better news for those still waiting.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I’m sorry to hear that, although I’m confused about the academic standard part when she was qualified. Surely the reasons at that point are around the need for the school? Otherwise they’d just take the highest ranking qualifiers that appealed? (Accepting those who overcame the non qualification also then fit into the need to prove why that school)
Take stock, book a mock