Bond NVR Test 2, Sec 1, Qu 3, Rotating

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JaysDarlin

Bond NVR Test 2, Sec 1, Qu 3, Rotating

Post by JaysDarlin »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am slightly STUCK.

Bond NVR Test2, Section 1, Qu 3:

In the answer booklet, it explain that the test shape has been rotated 150 degrees clockwise.

150 DEGREES? I thought shapes got roated 90 degrees or 180 degrees? Can shapes rotates any amount of degrees? Isnt there a limit?

I would have thought that the triangle rotated 90 degrees, anti clockwise, but I cant understand how the shapes inside rotate.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Another very similar question can be found in

NFER Test 11A, Sec 1, Qu 6. Here the triangle rotates 90 degrees clockwise, but how do we work out the movement of the shapes?

Thank you all.
fm

Post by fm »

I have never read the Bond explanation.

For that particular question, I'd say the triangle rotates 90 degrees anti-clockwise and the shapes move round anti-clockwise to the next vertex/corner of the triangle. The black also goes white. So turning the other shape 90 degrees anti, you get down to b or e, and you don't even have to worry about the shifting shapes because the answer must be e due to change of colour.

Nfer question is very similar except the triangle is turned 90 clockwise, leaving just a or e as possibles, then the shapes move round clockwise to the next corner, leaving just a as a contender.

Hope this helps.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Thank you fm!

I do apologise to all for never posting back my thanks after my SOS calls.

Once I get the solution, I just collapse into a heap and it takes me a while to regenerate.

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now