Format of Medway Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
medwaymum

Format of Medway Test

Post by medwaymum »

For information, the Medway test this year comprised of:-

Writing Test. 50 mins. Extended piece of writing on a given subject.
Verbal Reasoning Test. 50 mins. Multiple Choice.
Maths Test. 50 mins. Multiple Choice.

The tests were taken on a Saturday morning in a chosen Medway school regardless of whether a Medway or Out-Of-Area candidate. Results were posted within 3 weeks.

EDIT: 17 OCT 09 The test is still exactly the same as stated above in 2008
Suet33

Medway Tests

Post by Suet33 »

Hi

New to the area - can you tell me when the Medway tests are taken?

Thanks
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

Test this year in October that child enters year 6. Previous year was November. NEXT YEAR WHO KNOWS!!!!??
Regards
reddebs
Suet33

Post by Suet33 »

Thanks ... and are all 3 tests on the same day?
Also
What happens if child is ill?
Medwaydad

This years Medway Test

Post by Medwaydad »

Hi, Have been trying to find out some info for ages. In the schools admissions booklet it gives the times of the test centres, 8.30 - 1.30, are the children there the whole time? or do times vary between test centres - within these times?

Thanks
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

No that seems right the times you were given. My child did the Medway last year (07) and was there from early in the morn till after lunch. they did all three exams, math, english and verbal with a break in between each one.
As far as I know times do not vary for test centres - they are all the same.
Medwaydad

Medway test

Post by Medwaydad »

Hi, thanks for that, just when the school went through it, they said they had a 20 minute break between tests, so adding these times up plus a bit at the beginning didn't correlate with the 5 hours in the book. But if that is the time then I must be missing something. I believe the letters stating the arrangements should have arrived, but as yet we have not had ours. So hopefully that should explain a bit more.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

No worries - there was quite a bit of time at the beginning to register everybody and also they over-run quite a bit so think they probably added more time to be on the safe side!
Also it takes quite a while for them to be brought back to you at the end, in our test centre they did it by bringing each school back to their parents, school by school - I remember waiting quite a while - very nail biting. But the kids got through it and seemed to take it in their stride.
Good luck. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now