Tiffin Boys Homework

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

patricia

Tiffin Boys Homework

Post by patricia »

Dear All

Found this today, interesting reading...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 799173.ece

Patricia
mum3

Post by mum3 »

Yes, I read that too. Sounds like a jolly good idea to me. Hope they bring it in in my son's school too (Gloucs).
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I heard the head master on the Today programme yesterday - what he was saying made a lot of sense!
geling

Post by geling »

Hi, Surreymum, I supposed that your question is " How is your son at Tiffin?" Well, he is fine and enjoys the life at Tiffin very much. Yes, Tiffin boy School has a a lot activities to keep the boys busy which is good. The only worrying sign is that " Lack of homework". Of course, they use a new programme to push the boys which is called " Indenpent study ". Instead of doing homework everyday, they want the boys to "REVIEW" what they have learned each day... So far ,so good . However, my concern is that : " Will my son follow this new strategy whole-heartedly? Or does he have that discipline?" Everyday he would anwser me back like : " no homework, just review." This study programme also encourages the parents to supervise their sons " reviewing" result as often as possible.

How is your son settle at SBG? Homework? Activities? thanks.

From Patricia's post, everyone can read the Tiffin head teacher's point of view on his new stratedy.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Hi geling
Yes realised after hitting the submit button that hadn't composed my post very well-glad he's doing well!
One of my sons really wouldn't manage independent study-mind you he doesn't manage homework well either!
Things are greatl thanks at SGS-settled in very well and doing plenty of activities and friendships progressing. It really has been a very smooth transfer.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now