Nearly the last week before test...aaahhh

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mumofthree

Nearly the last week before test...aaahhh

Post by Mumofthree »

The Medway thread seems a bit quiet considering there's only a week to go. Just wondering how everyone is feeling.
Has anyone had the information yet about where their test is being held?
I'm not sure who's more worried in our house, me or DS....think it's definitely me. :? :?
Skimum

Post by Skimum »

If you haven't had the 'where' notification yet, it should be with you later today/over the weekend. Medway admissions confirmed that they were sent out first class yesterday.

Have now pretty much got to the 'what will be, will be' stage and will just be glad for both my son and I when it's all over and 'normal service' can be resumed for a bit.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

The good thing about the Medway exam is at least you get it over and done with in one day!! Good luck guys. :)
jnadams2

Post by jnadams2 »

My dd is due to take Medway Test, got the confirmation letter today about the time and location. My dd attends a primary school in Kent, took the kent tests in September. Was just wondering whether she will be invited to sit practice tests for this? Any ideas anyone?
Mumofthree

Post by Mumofthree »

I haven't heard anyone mention anything about practice tests. I'm sure we would have been told by our school if there were any.

I got my letter too today, so that's put my mind at rest that they actually know DS is taking it. We're planning to do just a bit more revision this week but nothing too heavy. I think if he doesn't know it all by now it's probably too late.

Good luck everyone
orangebear4

Post by orangebear4 »

Hi jnadams,

My DD is taking the Medway test too, and she attends a Kent primary school. The Headteacher approached me a couple of days ago, and said two practice tests had arrived for my DD, but only in Maths and VR. These are each only 10 mins long. I can't really see these are worth taking, although I agreed that she would, as they won't represent the conditions of the actual test at all. I do feel she is at rather a disadvantage, as the Medway candidates will have had more practice than this. I'll just have to hope she will get through on her own merit and initiative! :?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

My dd took the Medway test last year, and she attended a Kent school, therefore did not do the 'practise' tests for Medway. Honestly, I don't think it really matters at all. The Kent 'practise' papers were a joke. My dd's school gave them NFER practice paper A in math and verbal (no non verbal) and left them to themselves to mark it.
Really, they have had enough practice at home so I wouldn't worry at all about not doing the school practice tests.
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

I wouldn't worry about your children not taking the Medway practice tests. My DS school has only given them 10 minutes practice on each of the tests so they've not missed much. Waste of time to be honest :roll:
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Doghouse135 wrote:I wouldn't worry about your children not taking the Medway practice tests. My DS school has only given them 10 minutes practice on each of the tests so they've not missed much. Waste of time to be honest :roll:
Doghouse135 you are entirely correct! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now