any one out there

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pk

any one out there

Post by pk »

where are all the surrey parents??
Karen

Post by Karen »

I am here avidly waiting for info on Sutton and Surrey I think they've all signed the official secrets act! What schools are you going for, this is my first time.
pk

Post by pk »

I think you are right! very cloak and dagger....Looking at Glyn and sutton grammar.
Karen

Post by Karen »

My son took the Mock Sutton Grammar test did ok but not brilliant. I decided not go for it in the end. The competition is just too fierce and I didn't really like the feel of the school. I'm an ex Nonsuch girl and I think the feel of the grammars has changed for the worse since my time. The mix of pupils is too narrow aswell.

We loved Glyn its more like Grammars used to be . Our son is sitting the test on 2 December but we know little of what will come up. We are just out of catchment probably,we live 2 miles from the school so he needs to pass the test.

Do you have any info?? I know the content but not what sort of level and papers best to use.

Post by Guest »

no info at all I'm afraid and my son will be sitting test also as out of catchement area...I m assuming it is same sort of test as grammars.
Karen

Post by Karen »

It's such a nightmare! I'm hoping the catchment area is going to go out as far as us this year, It has in the past probably just wishful thinking. I'm hoping the rumours I have heard about low boy birthrate and Blenheim bringing back their football programme will have apositive impact. fingers crossed. Good luck to your son. What is your back up school?

Post by Guest »

woodcote..what about yours?
pk

Post by pk »

don't know why ai came up as guest there
Karen

Post by Karen »

Our second choice is Cheam High I was very anti it until I went to the open evening. Very impressed. My friend from Woodmansterne has a son just started at Glyn I think thats your neck of the woods. He's loving it there.
pk

Post by pk »

We are actually CHipstead so a little further than woodmansterne..Did your friends son get in on catchment or test?