Is someone licking the envelopes now??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bigrob

Is someone licking the envelopes now??

Post by bigrob »

So - as I type someone should be licking lots of envelopes and filling a few sacks for the postman to collect tomorrow.

What time does your post get delivered and will you be in?

How will you cope if it doesn't arrive on Thursday?

What do you do if it doesn't arrive on Friday?
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

Hi BigRob

Like you I keep switching between hope and fear - I just want his to be over! DS hasn't said anything at all - we don't talk about 'it'!! Our postie is not an early riser and sometimes hasn't been til lunch time. It'll be agony, I might have to sit on the doorstep and wait for him!! If he hasn't got it on Thursday he might wish he hadn't come! :wink:

I took him to visit Erith School last week - and it was a bit of a shock to be greated by my former Geography teacher (about three times wider and very much balder!). Thankfully he didn't recognise me. The school has changed dramatically over the past 20 years and though I had a good experience there I know later pupils had less successful times. DS seemed quite comfortable with it though. It had an excellent OFSTED last year - but the head is retiring by next September so who knows what the future holds. I must admit I didn't take to the head anyway- can't quite explain why - just a gut feeling. Just hoping Thursday will put our anxieties to bed and make the job of filling the CAF easier!

How's your DS holding up?
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

Hi Catsmile

DS still not bothered. I just said to him that the results will be posted tomorrow.

He said "I have a feeling that I failed", then said "I can just take the Hurstmere test if I fail".

I think I said in another post. My boss is away on holiday, so on Thursday I'll be work at 6am and leave as soon as my colleague (who takes over from me" arrives at 12:30.

It's going to be dreadful if the results aren't there on Thursday.

I will be absolutely gutted if he fails. I really will see it as a failure on my part if he fails.

I will create a new thread on Thursday for those that want to post and I will post whether it's a pass or a fail.

Hope to see a good post from you before I leave work.

Fingers crossed for everybody on here that are waiting for results.
Bex mum

Post by Bex mum »

Hi, just wanted to say that I went through this last year and I know exactly how you feel.

I can remember opening the envelopes and having to read the letters twice to make sure I had not made a mistake - my DD passed and got the school she wanted.

I really hope it all goes well for you.
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

Thanks Bex Mum
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Good luck to everyone. I'm awaiting the Kent results but know a lot of children from my ds's school biting their nails waiting for the Bexley results. The waiting is torture and I've got 7 days to go - ahhhh.
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

Hi Gercha

I'm awaiting both - if the postman dares to come back the following week!

Good luck!

Catsmile
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Thanks CatSmile - Let me know how you get on tomorrow. Ds is doing the St Olaves test as well so we'll have to wait until March for that result - oooh the agony!!
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

If no letter by Friday afternoon I'm going down to the office with DSes passport in hand.

We never even got the letter (despite 3 supposedly being sent out) to tell us where & when he was supposed to take the test.
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Hi Bigrob

You could always try stalking your postman. I did this two years ago when awaiting eldest ds results. He hadn't been by 2pm so I drove around the streets until I found him and then harrassed him until he found my post. Poor posty, I thinks he's now in therapy!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now