Get over yourselves!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ChavDad

Get over yourselves!!!

Post by ChavDad »

I cannot believe some of things I have read in recent posts. You have all become victims of the 11+ system. Clearly over obsessing about schools and overburdening your offspring with pressure.

Give your kids a break. If they are good enough I am sure they will get in, if they aren't, there are plenty of good schools out there.

Grammer school is not the be all and end all!
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

Nobody is a victim of any system - it's all purely through choice that people on this forum take the stance they do with their children.

At the end of the day, it's personal choice and I for one would disagree that there are plenty of good schools out there. If you don't happen to have a 'good' non selective school in your area, what are your choices ? The answer is very little and therefore if your best option of having good schooling for your child is to get them through their 11+ I think every parent has the right to push for it.

Personal opinion only though - soapbox now safely tucked behind the sofa :lol:
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

No good non-selectives near us. The two my children would be guaranteed a place at are both in special measures .....
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

Exactly my point - when it comes down to it, there really is no 'parents choice' as I too would have the option of only 2 schools if my son did not pass his 11+ and one of those is in special measures too......
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

It must be easy to register on a forum and make your first posting a criticism of others ChavDad.
Of course, as this was your first post, we know nothing about you and therefore cannot comment on your potential shortcomings.
Equally, we cannot offer you support as we know nothing about you.
GrammAr schools may not be the be all and end all, but when the alternatives are sadly lacking, they make a fantastic alternative
to aim for.
Mum007

Post by Mum007 »

I think you'll ruffle a few feathers on here.... caution is advised.

This site offers a wealth of helpful information and support and I salute what it is trying to achieve. It suits some people and not others. If it doesn't match your expectations then why bother posting?

Back to the point in question.....

Where on earth are good schools for "middle-of-the-road" kids? They simply do not exist. We only have a two tier system. We have all seen the differences between non-selectives and selectives on our travels recently. The differences between selective and non-selective are stark.

I believe the people who post on here do so because they care about their children's education.
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

We know nothing about him apart from the fact that he's described himself as a 'banker' - :lol:
ChavDad

Post by ChavDad »

ok. The game's up. In truth I'm hanging on for results for Chatham House and the post was a post ironic pop at ChavMum (er indoors)!!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

:mrgreen:
What a great first impression you made, ChavDad!
And for your encore???....(I decided against making a dig about you being a banker!!!)

ChavMum, you are a lucky woman to have such a funny husband.
Mum007

Post by Mum007 »

Ah ha! What an entrance.

By the way, to have street cred on here you have to spell "grammar" correctly!!!!!!!

Welcome.